Alpinestars Winter Surfer Gore-Tex Gloves
- Slim-fitting short cuff winter glove design is ideal for urban road riding.
- Stretch fabric and softshell main chassis for lightweight comfort.
- Primaloft 100g insulation for excellent warmth-to-weight ratio. The material’s advanced ultra-light fibers trap heat while insulating against cold and are water-resistant for improved thermal performance.
- Slim-fitting, reduced material strap cuff closure with hook and loop for better fit under the jackets.
- Leather palm for better durability.
- Strategically positioned accordion leather inserts on fingers increase flexibility and fit.
- PU over-molded hard knuckle protection offers class-leading protection without impeding hand flex or movement.
- Extended ergonomic stretch insert between thumb and palm offers flexibility to vastly improve hand movement.
- PU coated reinforcement zones on thumb and palm for increased durability.
- Touch screen compatible fingertips for use with smartphones or GPS systems.
- Reinforcements consisting of aramid fiber and polyamide for abrasion resistance performance for fourth finger.
- Tone on tone logo detailing for unique design.
- CE-certified (CAT II Level 1).
Read on for more details.
Like most Alpinestars gloves, these gloves ran a bit smaller than most glove brands we carry. They are not a lot small and most people can choose the size they normally wear in gloves (especially if a snug fit is preferred). If you are sometimes between sizes, then choose the larger of the two. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The Alpinestars Winter Surfer Gore-Tex gloves are a short cuff insulated and waterproof glove for street riders. These gloves keep it “low profile” for good feel for the controls.
The palm side of this glove is leather which should be long wearing and comfortable. There are overlays in the palm and an extra pad of abrasive resistant material in the heel of the hand toimprove the slide resistance in that area. The back side of the glove is a textile material. Three of the four fingers has a panel of elasticized leather and there is another on the thumb. The outside of the pinkie has a pad of the same abrasive resistant material as you see in the palm. The knuckles have a molded armor piece built in, but covered by the fabric material so it is somewhat “stealth” in appearance which is the preference for street riders.
I’d call the insulation “medium” thickness, so they’ll be fine for cool weather, but they aren’t fully insulated so maybe not for very cold temps. The waterproof liner is GoreTex which is the best there is, so they’ll handle the wet weather with ease. In this glove, the Gore-Tex liner is actually bonded to the glove frame so the thickness of the overall glove is kept to a minimum.
I can see this glove being very good for street use and/or “city” use. Basically anybody who wants insulation and waterproofing but in a lighter/smaller package. :: Paul, 09-18-18
Alpinestars says: This slim-fitting CE-certified glove incorporates a premium bonded GORE-TEX® waterproof and breathable membrane plus PrimaLoft® lining for excellent thermal properties. With a hard polymer knuckle for class-leading protection and aramidic fiber reinforcement, the Winter Surfer is ideal for riding in colder climates.