Alpinestars Jet Road V2 Gore-Tex Gloves
- Multi-panel full premium leather glove that is anatomically engineered for improved fit and comfort.
- High grade goat skin on palm and thumb, and details on backhand, combined with stretch polyamide fabric and softshell on the backhand.
- Waterproof and breathable GORE GRIP Technology membrane from GORE-TEX®, which features a special layered construction promoting optimum tactility and better dexterity for improved grip.
- Primaloft insulation for excellent warmth-to-weight ratio. The material’s advanced ultra-light fibers trap heat while insulating against cold and are water-resistant for improved thermal performance.
- Stretch fourchettes and sidewall and leather accordions on finger tips increase flexibility and fit while allowing for an extended range of hand movement.
- PU coated reinforcement zones on thumb and palm for durability.
- Synthetic leather reinforcements with foam padding on the palm and outer hand landing zone provide abrasion resistance on key impact zones.
- Reinforcements consisting of aramid fiber and polyamide for abrasion resistance performance for fourth finger.
- Integrated padding on fingers for fit and comfort.
- Reflective piping on backhand and fingers make the rider more visible to other road users.
- Touch screen compatible fingertips for use with smart devices such as mobile phones and sat navs.
- PU knuckle protection offers class-leading protection without impeding hand flex or movement.
- Ergonomic stretch insert between thumb and palm offers flexibility to vastly improve hand movement.
- Alpinestars patented third and fourth finger-bridge prevents contortion and separation of the fingers in the event of impact slide.
- Long cuff design for extended coverage and to form hermetic seal with jacket.
- CE-certified (CAT II Level 1).
Read on for more details.
Like most Alpinestars gloves, these gloves ran a bit smaller than most glove brands we carry. They are not a lot small and most people can choose the size they normally wear in gloves (especially if a snug fit is preferred). If you are sometimes between sizes, then choose the larger of the two. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
Jet Road V2 Gore-Tex gloves include moderate insulation and are for colder weather use. They feature a Gore-Tex liner that will keep your hands dry in wet weather too. There are a number of protective features built into this glove to give very good protective capabilities.
The Gore-Tex liner in this glove features “Gore Grip” technology, which is a construction method where the glove’s inner liner, waterproof liner and outer shell are attached to each other. There are a few advantages to this.. first, this tends to be a more compact technology so you don’t get so much bulk. Secondly, if the gloves construction layers are bonded, there won’t be slippage between the layers, which gives you a more positive grip on the controls.
This glove has the usual list of protective features, you’d expect on a higher-dollar glove like this… molded knuckle protection, a palm protection pad, extra protection on the side of the pinkie and a longer cuff with a padded cuff. Like most Alpinestars race gloves. this glove has an attachment between the pinkie and ring finger. The ring finger gives the pinkie some extra support in case of a crash which might help in a fall as the pinkie fingers are apt to damage.
One different feature on this glove is the flap which starts at the base of the thumb and wraps over the side and top of the hand (see our photos). I’m presuming it is to secure the glove to your hand rather than the usual small strap at the wrist (since there isn’t one). It seems to work just fine and might even be a little more comfortable than a more snug strap at the wrist. I really don’t see a lot of advantage… its just different. The larger Velcro adjusting flap at the cuff makes it possible to adjust the cuff either over or under your jacket sleeve (depending upon its design). Wearing your cuff under your sleeve is the best for keeping out water and wind. :: Paul, 09-20-18
Alpinestars says: A premium adventure touring glove that features an updated design for a more streamlined fit, the Jet Road V2 features a premium GORE-TEX® waterproof and breathable membrane plus PrimaLoft® lining for excellent thermal properties. Incorporating class-leading material engineering and technical innovation, this CE-certified touring glove has a hard polymer knuckle for class-leading protection.