Alpinestars Corozal V2 Drystar Gloves
The Corozal v2 is a durable, multi-panel poly-fabric and leather short-cuff glove incorporating Alpinestars 100% waterproof and breathable Drystar® performance membrane for excellent performance in the wet. This glove features class-leading safety features such as the over-molded hard knuckle protector and EVA foam padding reinforcements.
- Durable softshell stretch poly-textile upper with goat leather palm and back hand panels for optimized levels of abrasion resistance and comfort.
- Constructed using Alpinestars’ Drystar® performance material technology, which incorporates a bonded layer construction to offer a reduced material chassis which promotes high levels of comfort, tactility and sensitivity on the bike’s controls, high levels of durability and excellent windproofing performance.
- Over-molded polymer hard knuckle protector offers class-leading protection against impact and abrasion.
- Rubber thumb and palm reinforcement gives extra grip on the controls while offering great seam reinforcement
- EVA padding reinforcements on outer hand, fingers and palm provides strategic abrasion resistance and improved fit.
- Touchscreen compatible fingertips for use with smartphones/tablets/GPS systems.
- Pre-curved glove construction improves comfort and prevents hand muscle fatigue on longer journeys.
- Accordion stretch inserts for excellent lever control and dexterity.
- Short cuff design with hook-and-loop cuff closure for easy entry. Cuff is designed to fit under sleeve jacket for comfort.
- CE Level 1 EN13594:2015, KP.
Read on for more details.
Like most Alpinestars gloves, these gloves ran a bit smaller than most glove brands we carry. They are not a lot small and most people can choose the size they normally wear in gloves (especially if a snug fit is preferred). If you are sometimes between sizes, then choose the larger of the two. Hopefully, you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The Corozal v2 Drystar gloves are an update on the original that came out back in 2016.
This new version features some updated materials and two slick, subdued colorways. The Black/Sand is almost more of a Black/Bronze in person. The Astars logo and stitching are in Sand. The Corozal was originally introduced as a lower priced alternative to the Polar Gore-Tex glove way back in 2016. The Corozal did so well it gets a v2 while the Polar is no longer in the line up!
The Corozal uses a Drystar® membrane to keep you dry in rainy conditions. These gloves also have a solid knuckle protector and there are leather overlays in key impact areas to improve abrasion resistance. The hook and loop cuff closure has some elasticity, so you can really get a tight and secure closure. The index finger and thumb each have connective material and they seem to work well on both Android and Apple devices here at the shop.
These gloves should work for just about any riding style short of someone looking for track day gloves. They are snug going on but the fit is accurate to Alpinestars, which means they are just slightly tighter than most American brands. With the Drystar® liner, they should be good for warm to cold weather in dry and wet conditions. The only call out on wet weather is that it is a short cuff glove, so you have to make sure your jacket doesn’t feed water into them at the cuff. :: Mike, 12-16-21