Alpinestars C-1 Windstopper Gloves - 2016 (MD Only)
- Goat skin leather used for the palm and thumb
- Windstopper® stretch fabric used for upper hand
- Anthracite reflective print for improved over rider visibility
- Fabric molded hard-knuckle protector provides impact and abrasion protection
- Touch screen compatible fingertip on index for use of touch screen devices
- Pre-curved finger construction reduces rider fatigue
- Fabric puller at cuff for easy glove entry
- Knit cuff for comfort and flexibility
With Alpinestars gloves I often say they run a bit snug as compared to other US based glove makers like Tour Master, Joe Rocket, etc, but the materials used in this glove are a bit stretchy, so these feel about as roomy as the US brands. So just choose a size based on previous glove purchases and you’ll be fine. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
The C-1 WindStopper Glove is a lightweight, windproof, and water resistant (but not waterproof) glove that would be great for touring and street riders. The material used on the outside of the glove feels very much like neoprene wetsuit material, therefore it is soft and will require no break-in. Alpinestars advertises this glove to have wind stopping characteristics so it should be good at keeping you comfortable in cooler weather. The cuff is aimed at preventing wind too… it fits snugly around your wrist and will help with warmth.
This glove is very comfortable and slim so that it can be folded and tucked away for easy storage. But even still, the gloves have a nice, concealed knuckle protector and the palm is leather, so you have the basics of abrasion and impact protection. I think the comfort and lighter level of protection would work well for city riders… scooters, light bikes at slower speeds… that sort of thing.
This style glove has been around for YEARS, and this newest version adds touch screen compatibility and a nice large reflector strip on the back of the hand for visibility at night. They’ve also added a small reinforcement to the cuff for the purposes of yanking them on without stretching the cuff material. :: Paul, 09-15-15