Alpinestars Faster Gloves
- Multi material main shell incorporating premium leather, softshell wind breaker on the backhand and stretch fabric
- Leather palm for comfort and sensitivity on bike’s controls
- Padding reinforcement on landing zones
- Soft viscoelastic PU foam compound knuckle guard which is ergonomically profiled
- Sport fit and slim cuff
- Hook and loop wrist closure for security
- Ergonomic stretch insert between thumb and palm offers flexibility to vastly improve hand movement
- Padding on fingers for fit and comfort
- Rubber reinforcements with foam padding on thumb and palm for superior grip
- Touchscreen compatible fingertip
- CE certified level 1
The fit of Alpinestars gloves are very consistent from one model to the next. And overall, they fit a bit small as compared to other brands we carry such as FirstGear, Tour Master, etc. It’s not enough to recommend that you buy a larger size (especially if a snug fit is preferred) but it is noticeable enough to say that if you are sometimes between sizes, then you should probably choose the larger of the two. Hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
Oh my! I love the way these gloves look and feel! The combination of stretchy soft material on the back of the hand and glove leather on the palm side make this glove immediately mold to the hand. They look and feel great.
I’d suggest this style for about 2 or three seasons. The material on the back of the hand is a soft neoprene-like fabric that is windproof. So being windproof means they’ll work for cool weather well and will probably be good for warmer weather too. I don’t think this style will be great for the temp extremes though (hot summer or cold winter), but for most of the year, I bet you’ll like them..
The overall style masks the underlying protection of the knuckles and finger. There is a quite substantial molded protector over the knuckles and there are some built in protectors over the fingers. Those are all covered neatly by the fabric material so they look sleek. The palm side of the hand is leather which is a good material for safety and the heel of the hand has some extra padding since that is a crash prone area. The cuff closes with a simple Velcro strap which is the non-snaggy kind which keeps the gloves from grabbing other fabrics in your wardrobe.
Overall, a nicely styled and reasonably protective glove with great comfort. :: Paul, 05-16-18