Alpinestars Sequence Protection Short Sleeve Jacket
- The back protector insert is constructed from a high performance polymeric material blend for optimized flexibility and excellent weight saving properties.
- All inserts are highly perforated for maximum breathability and air ventilation.
- New single injected compound inserts are designed to allow the maximum breathability and air flow.
- Ergonomic protection plates contour to the natural curve of the back ensuring optimum fit while riding.
- Soft touch BNS puller for an easy and safe engagement of the BNS.
- Reduced material construction on underarms and arms for ventilation and weight saving.
- Adjustable/removable elastic belt.
Read on for more details.
We tried on a selection of these jackets in our shop. The material used is VERY flexible and the waist belt is highly adjustable too. We tried on the size we normally wear in men’s clothing and they fit just fine. So choose the size you normally wear in men’s clothing.
Our Two Cents
The Sequence Protection Long Sleeve and Short Sleeve Jackets are a product to be worn under a jersey (for off road riding), or they could be used under non-motorcycle specific shirts or jackets to give impact protection.
This is a clever and comfortable package. The stretchy shell holds all the pieces firmly but comfortably on your body. The whole package is pretty light weight and include the most “airy” armor we’ve seen. The armor pieces themselves and the back pad are the lattice rubber design so they flow air freely. The armor inserts aren’t exactly like other current Alpinestars but looks very similar to Dainese Pro armor. They are very “anatomical” and light.
Having all the armor contained in one easy-on/off stretch shirt arrangement is very handy and comfortable. And the kidney belt anchors the back protector well and then give the save lower back support as a detached kidney belt. There are couple tabs on the shoulders near the neck for the attachment of neck protection. The offset front zipper looks a little weird but its a good design considering the inclusion of a one piece chest protector plate.
This product page offers the Short Sleeve version. Take the link below for the Long Sleeve version which includes elbow armor. . :: Paul, 11-05-18
Note on photos: We took some photos of the long sleeve unit in our studio, so to see what this unit looks like on a body, click the link below to the LS version page and view the photo gallery.
Dainese says: With Level 1 CE certified protection on the back, chest and shoulders, the ergonomic and lightweight Sequence Protection Short Sleeve Jacket is ventilated for excellent levels of airflow and comfort. Compatible with neck supports and featuring a removable elastic belt this protection jacket is highly versatile.