Garmin GPSMAP 66i Handheld GPS and Satellite Communicator
- Access multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS and Galileo) to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone.
- Navigate every trail with ABC sensors, including an altimeter for elevation data, barometer to monitor weather and 3-axis electronic compass.
BIRDSEYE SATELLITE IMAGERY
- Download high-resolution, photo-realistic maps directly to your device without an annual subscription. Easily find trails, pick stand locations, find parking, create waypoints and more.
PRELOADED TOPO MAPS
- Preloaded TopoActive U.S. and Canada maps show you terrain contours, topographic elevations, summits, parks, coastlines, rivers, lakes and geographical points.
- Exchange text messages with loved ones, post to social media, or communicate from inReach to inReach in the field (satellite subscription required).
INTERACTIVE SOS ALERTS
- In case of emergency, trigger an interactive SOS message to GEOS, a professional 24/7 global monitoring and response center (satellite subscription required).
- Track your location, and share it with those at home or out in the field. They’ll be able to see your progress or ping your device for your GPS location and more (satellite subscription required).
100% GLOBAL IRIDIUM® SATELLITE NETWORK
- Instead of relying on cellphone coverage, now your messages, SOS alerts and tracking are transferred via the global Iridium satellite network (satellite subscription required).
OPTIONAL INREACH WEATHER
- Use inReach connectivity to get detailed weather updates on GPSMAP 66i or a compatible device paired with the Garmin Explore™ app. Request weather forecasts for your current location, waypoints or destinations on your route.
- When paired with your compatible smartphone, you can get real-time forecast information and live weather radar, so you’re always aware of the surrounding conditions.
BUILT FOR ADVENTURE
- This handheld is built to military standards for thermal, shock and water performance (MIL-STD-810), and it’s even compatible with night vision goggles.
- The GPSMAP 66 series helps you keep gear to a minimum with a built-in LED flashlight that can be used as a beacon to signal for help.
GARMIN EXPLORE APP
- Plan, review and sync waypoints, routes and tracks by using the Garmin Explore mobile app and website. You can even review completed activities while still in the field.
- Turn on Expedition mode, and get up to 200 hours of battery life while using inReach technology. In the default tracking mode, you get up to 35 hours of battery life, and your device will save your location every 10 minutes.