FirstGear TPG Winter Basegear Pants
- Comfortable snug fit eliminates chafing while still providing flexibility
- Wind and water-resistant front panel on legs keeps you warm and dry
- Double fabric combination wicks moisture away from the skin, circulates body heat and blocks the elements
- Double top-stitched to eliminate inner seam chafing
- Inner layer made with 7% Spandex for a snug comfortable fit
- Outer nylon shell made with wind and water-resistant front panel, waterproof, breathable middle membrane and inside fleece lining for warmth
These pants are sold in “alpha” sizes. Here are the waist sizes for each “alpha” size to help you choose based on the size you normally wear in jeans. The material is stretchy and so is the waist band, like thermal underwear.
Inseam lengths are generous. I measure 34” on the size XL which is longer than most thermal underwear would be. The end of the leg has a knitted cuff.
Our Two Cents
These pants will be terrific for wearing under your motorcycle gear in the winter. The fit is fairly trim, like thermal underwear, so it should be easy to fit them in under your normal riding gear or street clothes. The matching top could easily be worn alone as a cool/cold weather shirt, but the pants look more like underwear, so don’t count on being able to wear them in public after taking off riding pants. Like the top, they are super comfortable and inviting feeling for cool weather. I’m getting a pair!