Speed and Strength Coast Is Clear SX Jacket
- Water resistant AR-600 frame
- Removable C.E. approved shoulder and elbow protectors
- Removable dual density back protector
- Removable 100% waterproof liner
- Patent pending “Syncro System” zip off panels
- “Speed Zip” controlled ventilation
- Dual stage “Kinetic Cuff” adjuster
- Molded “Strong Arm” sleeve adjuster
- “Lockdown” waist adjuster
- Removable insulated vest liner
- Microfiber lined collar and cuffs
- Belt loops for pant attachment
- 8” zipper for pant attachment
- Reflective trim
Check out these similar products:
Speed and Strength jackets seem to have a more relaxed fit than is indicated in the provided size chart (see below). If you are between sizes or want a more snug fit, we would recommend choosing a size smaller. Our model in the pictures normally wears a large and was comfortable in the medium jacket shown.
Our Two Cents
Note: The SX and ST versions of this jacket are very similar. The main differences are The Coast is Clear SX is a standard length jacket (not 3/4), has 3 exhaust vents (instead of one), and does not have a rear storage pouch.
The coast doesn’t necessarily have to be clear with this jacket, this thing is ready for any conditions you might encounter! Probably the “coolest” feature of this jacket is the Syncro Ventilation System. Not only does this jacket have two large chest vents and three rear exhaust vents, the sleeves convert from regular textile to mesh with a simple zipper attachment. This should provide a tremendous amount of airflow (for a textile jacket) to keep you cool on hot days. The waterproof liner is removable which really helps keep things cool as well. Speaking of the liner, not only will it keep you dry in the rain, it can also be worn as a separate light jacket or windbreaker. This can cut down on packing for touring as you have a light jacket built right in. In addition to the waterproof liner, there is a vest type quilted thermal liner for cold days. In conjunction with the waterproof liner, this should keep you nice and warm on colder days. For comfort the waist, wrists, and sleeves are adjustable, and the neck and cuffs are lined with microfiber. Check out our custom photos of this jacket by clicking the “View Larger Pictures” link above.