Cortech by Tour Master Impulse II Leather Jacket
- Constructed with a combination of perforated and solid top grain, grade A Aniline drum dyed leather and stitched with high strength bonded nylon thread
- CE-approved shoulder and elbow armor (shoulder removable)
- Molded shoulder vents provide additional venting
- Removable insulated liner with 100gm Polyfill insulation in the body and 50 gm in the removable sleeves
- Rotated sleeves have Dupont Kevlar® stretch panels under the arms for ease of movement
- Accordion expansion panels at the shoulders and waist increase flexibility and help with a personalized fit
- Adjustable waist belt fine tunes the fit
- Zippered hand pockets feature a mesh liner and double as vents
- 3M Scotchlite® reflective piping increases nighttime visibility
- Includes both full circumference and 8” jacket/pant attachment zippers (see note below)
Note on feature pictures in our photo gallery: When we first introduced this product, we used the black color jacket for the feature pictures. All black jackets are sold now, but that explains why you see pictures of a black jacket when we are only selling other colors.
Check out these similar products:
The overall fit of this jacket will work for the “average build”, so choose a size based upon what you usually wear in men’s jackets/shirts. Cortech marks the various size jackets with the following chest sizes:
These chest sizes seem appropriate, so you can use your suit coat size or chest measurement to double check. You’ll want to check your belly also and make sure that your belly does not exceed 4” less than the chest size above (example, XL/46 will handle a max belly of about 42”).
Our Two Cents
The Impulse II jacket has a very nice fit and has a great sporty look. And at this closeout price, its a genuine bargain!. The heavy leather combined with the very substantial GP type armor should provide excellent crash protection. This jacket is partially vented in front with perforated panels on the torso and sleeves and has shoulder air scoops to send some flow down your back as well. These venting features will keep you comfortable from mild temperatures to pretty warm temperatures. And when it gets colder you can utilize the full sleeve thermal liner which will block some of the air from entering the jacket and give you some insulation against the cold as well. The thermal liner has zip off sleeves, so you can use just the vest part or the liner with full sleeves depending upon the weather. Take the “View Larger Pictures” link above to see some good shots of the liner and the jacket’s other features.
Note on pant attachment zipper: These jackets have a small coil zipper for attachment to Tour Master/Cortech pants. They are compatible with the Apex, Apex Air and Decker pants (see below).
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
Cortech Impulse Jacket is an excellent value, as well as being very protective! GP armor in elbows and shoulders is a huge step up from the normal foam armor found in most jackets. The zip out liner with removeable sleeves is excellent for climate control. (Read more...)
Nice jacket good feel ... with the holes in the arms and chest its actually a very cool jacket... seems to be vented very well. (Read more...)