Cortech by Tour Master Latigo RR One Piece Race Suit
- Triple and double stitched with high strength, bonded nylon thread
- Constructed with a combination of perforated and non-perforated top grain drum dyed leather (1.2-1.4mm)
- CE approved shoulder, elbow and knee protectors
- Aerodynamic speed hump with perforated leather ventilation
- Heavy duty, 600 denier stretch nylon panels in the arms, inseam and calves for ease of movement
- Accordion style expansion panels at shoulders, elbows, waist and knees for increased flexibility and a performance fit
- Molded shoulder protectors with integrated ventilation intake vents
- Rotated sleeves and pre-curved legs for comfort and performance in the riding position
- Cuffs feature a spring-loaded zipper pull to eliminate flapping
- EVA foam padded collarbone protection panels
- Mesh lining throughout enhances air circulation and comfort
Please Note: The factory picture of this suit shows a white “Cortech” logo on the back above the waist and a white triangle on the speed hump, but the actual suit shown in our feature pictures does not. Also, early literature advertised that knee sliders and a carry bag were included, but they are not. But you do get leather patches to cover the Velcro when not in use (with pucks).
Read on for more details.
Below is sizing information as supplied by Cortech. We feel the chart accurately reflects the suit’s fit. So, you can pick a suit size based upon your chest measurement. Check to make sure that your waist size is not too large for the suit—otherwise you’ll have to go with a larger suit to accommodate the waist. Generally the belly can be no more than 6” less than the chest for a comfortable fit.
Height on these suits could be described as “average”. For the smaller suits, max height would be about 5’8”, for mid-size suits about 5’11”, and for the larger suits about 6’1”. If you are taller, then you will want to consider a 2pc suit or a jacket/sport pant combination which will give you more torso height.
|Suit Size||Max Chest||Max Belly|
Our Two Cents
This value priced suit from Cortech is ideal for the beginning racer or the aggressive street rider. This suit includes a triple density back protector and C.E. approved armor in the knees, elbows, and shoulders. The shoulder armor and back pad are removable, but the armor in the elbows and knees is sewn permanently into place. The shoulders also have external molded protectors with built in vents, and the majority of the leather on the front of the suit is perforated. There are Velcro patches for the use of knee sliders, and Velcro backed leather panels for when you leave the knee sliders at home. Nylon stretch material and accordion style leather panels are used in key flex areas for extra mobility and range of motion. There are zippered closures for the wrists and ankles, and expansion zippers at the end of the leg which could have a dual purpose. This zipper would accommodate those with larger calves or, when open, could allow you to wear the pant legs over form-fit type boots (like drag racers prefer). The leg opening is about 14” around with the zipper open. An aerodynamic speed hump is included. The speed hump is designed to help prevent neck injuries in case of a fall on your back. This suit is a great entry level suit for those that need the protection of a one piece but are on more of a budget. Take a look at our pictures at the link above to see this suit in more detail.