Alpinestars Monza 1 Piece Suit
- 1.3mm full-grain leather for excellent abrasion resistance
- Multiple-stitched main seam construction for maximum tear resistance
- Shoulders, elbows, knees, calf and back feature .9mm leather accordion panels with elastic support for tremendous fit and feel; 4mm foam gives the panels more shape and an ultra soft surface
- Internal chest and hip compartments with PE padding inserts
- Removable CE-certified GP protectors at elbows and shoulders with injection-molded shells and dual-density foam padding
- Snap connection system for Bionic Race protector (sold separately)
- One-piece CE-approved knee/shin guards
- Reinforced stretch panels in armpit, arms, crotch and back of knees
- Aerodynamic sports profile hump with ventilation
- High-density perforation on front panel for increased breathability
- Removable and washable mesh liner with built-in stretch inserts that work in tandem with external stretch panels
- Flat-profile YKK Semi Auto Lock wrist zippers eliminate need for security flap
- Contoured neoprene sleeve cuffs
- Micro fleece inner collar
- PU sport knee sliders
- Leather patch and printed logos
Read on for more details.
The suits are offered in European sizes, so you can select the size using Alpinestars sizing chart using your chest and waist measurements. If you have a bit of a belly, please also measure and compare to the following table. Make sure you are selecting a suit size that will accommodate your chest, belly and waist (from the Alpinestars chart). Height on these suits could be described as “average”. For the smaller suits, max height would be about 5’8”, for mid-size suits about 5’11”, and for the larger suits about 6’1”. If you are taller, then you will want to consider a 2pc suit or a jacket/sport pant combination which will give you more torso height.Note about adding a back protector: This suit does not come with a back pad installed. If you plan on wearing a separate back protector underneath, you will want to choose a suit about a size larger to allow enough room.
|Euro Size||Max Chest Size
|*Max Belly Size
Our Two Cents
The Monza one piece race suit is a very nice Alpinestars suit at a mid-level price. It is a very well made and substantial suit (as you would expect from Alpinestars). This suit would be a good choice for mild to warm weather racing. The front of the torso is about 2/3 perforated which will provide quite a bit of airflow. But being only partially perforated (and without other vents) will also help the suit be comfortable in cooler weather as well. The suit has a small-size speed hump on the back. The speed hump on the back is a safety feature primarily. The hump will provide a bridge between the back of a rider’s helmet and their shoulders in case of a fall. This lessens the chance of one’s neck being wrenched forward (chin down position) when landing on your back. The shape of the hump is aerodynamic as well. Another handy feature is the removable nylon liner. You can zip it out and run it through the laundry to keep the interior of the suit clean. The armor used in the suit is a hard plastic over softer foam type armor that looks to be very effective. There are also some “squishy” foam pads for the hips. They provide good coverage and should be quite comfortable to wear. For added comfort this suit utilizes stretchy material in all of the key movement areas. For some good closeups of this suit and its features, take the “View Larger Pictures” link above.