Alpinestars GP Pro One Piece Suit - 2011
- 1.3mm full grain leather
- Perforated front leather panels
- PU external sliders on the shoulders, elbows and knees
- Aerodynamic, dual density back hump
- U-Shape accordion stretch panels on the back
- Accordion stretch panels on the elbows and knees
- Aramid stretch panels in the sleeves and crotch
- Alpinestars patented calf expansion pockets improve range of fit
- Removable mesh lining with stretch panel inserts work with outer stretch zones for a snug fit
- Removable CE certified GP elbow and shoulder protectors
- Removable CE certified GP-R knee/shin protectors
- Chest pad compartments with PE protection padding (Alpinestars Bionic chest guards available as accessory upgrade)
- Bionic Back Race snap connection system (Bionic Race Back Protector available as accessory upgrade)
- Replaceable Sport knee sliders
- YKK® auto locking zippers
Read on for more details.
|Euro Size||Max Chest Size
|Max Belly Size
Our Two Cents
The GP Pro is offered in both 1 and 2 piece versions. The only difference between the two is the one piece is perforated, while the two piece is solid aside from the lower legs. The two piece also offers some zippered hand warmer pockets in the jacket.
The GP Pro race suit is perfect for the racer, track day rider, or serious street enthusiast who wants the ultimate in suit performance and protection. Heavy race leather (1.3mm) is used throughout the GP Pro, which should hold up to plenty of abuse and provide excellent abrasion protection. External sliders are a somewhat unique feature of the GP Pro suit. There are molded sliders with Alpinestars logos on the shoulders, elbows, and above the replaceable knee sliders as well. Most of us probably won’t drag an elbow like Ben Spies, but the sliders also serve a purpose in a crash, preventing catching on the pavement in a get off. An aerodynamic back hump not only helps reduce helmet buffeting at triple digit speeds, it also provides a bridge between the back of your head and the ground, helping to reduce neck injury. Substantial CE approved armor is used in the shoulders, elbows and knees. The Bionic Chest Pads and a Bionic Race Back Protectors can easily be installed in this suit for additional protection (be sure to buy a big enough suit to accommodate the extra protection). For comfort, there are accordion style stretch panels behind the elbows and shoulders, as well as at the knees and lower back. Aramid stretch fabric is also used at the inner arms and legs, as well as behind the knees to keep you comfortable. Those of you with bigger calves will appreciate the stretch material at the lower legs as well. Styling in the GP Pro is fairly straightforward, besides the “One Goal, One Vision” slogan that is placed at the lower back for your opponent’s reading pleasure. We have taken quite a few images of the GP Pro Suit, be sure to click the “View Larger Images” link above to take a look.