Tour Master Sentinel 2.0 Rain Jacket
- Waterproof and breathable Rip Stop Nylon shell with sealed seams is rated MVM 5000 for maximum breathability
- Features an Aqua-Barrier™ under-the-helmet hood to help eliminate seepage in the collar area
- Self-contained storage pouch allows the jacket to stuff into itself for convenient storage
- Chest map pockets feature waterproof zippers, Tour Master’s Scoop Vent System and a mesh backing so they can be opened for ventilation when appropriate
- Three large waterproof bellows pockets maximize carrying capacity
- Waterproof zippered underarm exhaust vents allow warm air to exit
- 3M™ Scotchlite® reflective piping and Tour Master’s signature reflective triangles help increase visibility at night
- Sized to be worn over motorcycle riding apparel
- Includes a jacket to pant zipper attachment that matches perfectly with the Tour Master Sentinel Rain Pants
- Shock Cord waist adjustment seals the sweep, providing a tailored fit
- Full wind flap and Velcro® main closure keeps moisture sealed out
Read on for more details.
Rainsuit jackets from Tour Master are oversized with the idea you will wear it over protective riding gear (like a jacket with armor), so you can choose a size based upon what you usually wear in men’s jackets or shirts. If you plan to wear the rain jacket over only a light shirt you will want to go down one size from what you normally wear.
Our Two Cents
Good grief! We had to make three trips back to the photo studio to show you all the features on this rain jacket! And sorry for the long description, but there is a lot of stuff here to show off! Let’s start with the materials… the jacket is made of a lightweight rip-stop type material which feels durable and packs easily in a small space. The light material is also nice because it easily glides on and off over your riding gear and doesn’t “grab” like more rubbery or plastic-feeling materials. And speaking of packing the jacket in a small space, the jacket has its own built-in zippered pocket which you can crunch the jacket into, and zip closed. This is super handy for packing and there is no way to lose the storage pouch. The jacket has some venting features you won’t find on a lot of other gear too. There is one chest vented zipper with a waterproof closure and then two short zips with the same waterproof zippers… one under each arm. And in the back, across the shoulders there is a flap that allows exhaust. The jacket also has a hidden hood made of thin stretch material. Put the hood on under your helmet and it forms a water barrier around your collar and over your neck to keep water out (as best as can be done anyway) between your helmet and jacket collar. Most of the color choices are bright, which I’d personally choose because visibility in wet weather is always poor, and in addition the jackets have plentiful nighttime reflective strips for visibility at night. We took some good “night shots” for our photo gallery which you can see by taking the “View Larger Images” link above. You can wear this jacket with any pants, but they are made to go with the Sentinel 2.0 Rain Pants, which you can view with the link below. The jacket has a short rear zip to attach to the pants, and with the zipper connected there is plenty of overlap between the jacket and pants since the jacket is a “hip length” style. Being a long jacket, sometimes the extra length gets in the way in your lap, but this jacket even has a two way main zipper so you can zip it up from the bottom to allow the lower part of the jacket to lay alongside your hips if you like. Overall, I think you’ll like the quality of this design. It costs a bit more than lesser rain jackets, but all the extra features will suddenly become worth the extra bucks when it gets put into use. :: Paul, 02-10-14