Frogg Toggs Tekk Toad Jacket For Women - 2012
- Frogg Eyzz reflective piping and 2” Toad Strip on back panel
- Parka length jacket with extended tail
- Raglan sleeve design for increased mobility
- Tuck away hood design with drip-free collar adjustments
- Adjustable waistband with draw cord to lock
- Front zipper closure featuring rain gutter and storm flap
- Adjustable wrist openings with hook-and-loop closure
- Full cut for active use and to be worn over insulated clothing
These jackets are pre-sized to be worn over clothing so you don’t need to select a size larger to fit over your street clothes. Here is a size chart from the manufacturer:
Here are the sizing tips provided by Frogg Toggs for women:
- Women’s Froggs Toggs jackets run small. Most all exchanges/returns on the WOMEN’s jackets are because they are too small
- If you are straddling the fence between two sizes then always go with the LARGER of the two sizes.
Our Two Cents
The Tekk Toad jacket and pants from Frogg Toggs are much like the other jacket pant combos offered. The main features that are unique to this version is that the overall cut of the jacket is longer through the body to fit over a longer 3/4 style jacket. The other jackets are more of a bomber style which would be better for shorter cut jackets. This style also has a lot of reflective materials on the jacket for night time visibility… which of course would be welcome on a dark rainy highway!. The jacket and pants of this model are sold separately, but here is the rundown on both: The jacket and pants are made of the same basic material. They call it DriPore, but to give you the idea, it feels very much like a rip stop shipping envelope (Tyvek material). It feels tough, but they are flexible and should breathe a bit better than plastic. The pants pull on quickly like sweat pants, and unlike most of the other pant styles, have a more robust adjustable belt type closure at the waist.. The ends of the legs have a zipper to help with pulling them on over boots and there is Velcro adjustment for ankle size. These pants also have zippered pockets (but the pocket interior would not be waterproof). The jacket offers the hood and the main zipper with the storm flap (like the lesser priced models). The ends of the sleeves and the waist band are simple Velcro closures. You do get a lot of reflective material. Since this jacket has the same features as the men’s Tekk Toad jacket, we didn’t photograph the women’s Tekk Toad. You can take a look at the feature pics we took of the men’s Tekk Toad jacket by clicking here.