Frogg Toggs Tekk Toad Jacket - 2012
- Frogg Eyzz reflective piping and 2” Toad Strip on back panel
- Parka length jacket with extended tail
- Raglan sleeve design for increased mobility
- Tuck away hood design with drip-free collar adjustments
- Adjustable waistband with draw cord to lock
- Front zipper closure featuring rain gutter and storm flap
- Adjustable wrist openings with hook-and-loop closure
- Full cut for active use and to be worn over insulated clothing
Note on Pricing: The Orange color is discontinued so the remaining stock is discounted. Enjoy the savings!
This rain gear is pre-sized to be worn over motorcycle riding gear so you don’t need to select a size larger than normal. As you can see, the chest/waist measurements listed in the chart for any given size are quite a bit larger than normal and that is because they are estimating the measurements you’d see if you measured yourself OVER riding gear. Here is a size chart from the manufacturer:
Here are additional sizing tips provided by Frogg Toggs for men:
- Mens Frogg Toggs pants run large. 99.5% of all of our exchanges and returns are due to the MEN’s pants being too large.
- On the sizing chart pay close attention to the height and weight.
- If you are a MAN and are straddling the fence between two sizes then always go with the smaller of the two sizes.
- Do not upsize to fit over your under clothing as this will likely cause your pants to be too large
Our Advice: After trying on a few sizes, we concur with the advice offered by Frogg Toggs… buy the size jacket you’d normally wear in clothing if you plan to use the rain gear over protective riding gear. If you are buying this rain gear to just wear over street clothes, then buying one size down in the jacket would be appropriate (buy the same size for pants since motorcycle specific pants don’t add much more bulk than ordinary street clothes).
Our Two Cents
The Tekk Toad jacket and pants from Frogg Toggs are much like the other jacket pant combos offered. The main features that are unique to this version is that the overall cut of the jacket is longer through the body to fit over a longer 3/4 style jacket. The other jackets are more of a bomber style which would be better for shorter cut jackets. This style also has a lot of reflective materials on the jacket for night time visibility… which of course would be welcome on a dark rainy highway!. The jacket and pants of this model are sold separately, but here is the rundown on both: The jacket and pants are made of the same basic material. They call it DriPore, but to give you the idea, it feels very much like a rip stop shipping envelope (Tyvek material). It feels tough, but they are flexible and should breathe a bit better than plastic. The pants pull on quickly like sweat pants, and unlike most of the other pant styles, have a more robust adjustable belt type closure at the waist.. The ends of the legs have a zipper to help with pulling them on over boots and there is Velcro adjustment for ankle size. These pants also have zippered pockets (but the pocket interior would not be waterproof). The jacket offers the hood and the main zipper with the storm flap (like the lesser priced models). The ends of the sleeves and the waist band are simple Velcro closures. You do get a lot of reflective material.