Frogg Toggs Road Toad Jacket
- Bomber style jacket design with classic waterproof/breathable Frogg Togg® non-woven polypropylene material
- Frogg Eyzz reflective piping provides better visibility at night
- Features a raglan design action-cut sleeve which offers larger arm openings for easy on and off and more mobility
- New sleeve design also eliminates seams on shoulders and other stress points
- Tuck-away hood designed to be worn under hat or helmet
- 1” Waistband
- 1” Wrist bands designed to keep rain out
- Front zipper closure
- Storm flap with nickel-plated spring snaps that will not rust
- Full cut designed for active use and designed to be worn over insulated clothing
- New false cape design offers increased rain protection while preventing ballooning of garment that often occurs while traveling at high speeds
Check out these similar products:
This rain gear is pre-sized to be worn over motorcycle riding gear so you don’t need to select a size larger than normal. As you can see, the chest/waist measurements listed in the chart for any given size are quite a bit larger than normal and that is because they are estimating the measurements you’d see if you measured yourself OVER riding gear. Here is a size chart from the manufacturer:
Here are additional sizing tips provided by Frogg Toggs for men:
- Mens Frogg Toggs pants run large. 99.5% of all of our exchanges and returns are due to the MEN’s pants being too large.
- On the sizing chart pay close attention to the height and weight.
- If you are a MAN and are straddling the fence between two sizes then always go with the smaller of the two sizes.
- Do not upsize to fit over your under clothing as this will likely cause your pants to be too large
Our Advice: After trying on a few sizes, we concur with the advice offered by Frogg Toggs… buy the size jacket you’d normally wear in clothing if you plan to use the rain gear over protective riding gear. If you are buying this rain gear to just wear over street clothes, then buying one size down in the jacket would be appropriate (buy the same size for pants since motorcycle specific pants don’t add much more bulk than ordinary street clothes).
Our Two Cents
The Road Toad jacket and pants from Frogg Toggs are basic in overall design, but have a lot of reflective material added for night time visibility… which of course would be welcome on a dark rainy highway!. The jacket and pants of this model are sold separately, but here is the rundown on both: The jacket and pants are made of the same basic material. They call it DriPore, but to give you the idea, it feels very much like a rip stop shipping envelope (Tyvek material). It feels tough, but they are flexible and should breathe a bit better than plastic. The pants pull on quickly like sweat pants, and they have an elastic waist with a drawstring to keep them secure. The ends of the legs have a zipper to help with pulling them on over boots and there is elastic material at the hem to snug down over boots. The pants have pass-thru openings approximately where your jeans pockets would be to allow you to reach in to your pants pockets for your wallet, etc. This would be a handy feature, but might be a place for water to enter?? And of course, as mentioned above, the pants have ample reflective materials for visibility. The jacket includes the hood and the main zipper with the storm flap (like the lesser priced models). The ends of the sleeves and the waist band are simple elastic closures (nothing fancy), and there aren’t any storage pockets. BUT there is a lot of reflective material. So, like I said, this version offers the reflectives, but otherwise is pretty basic. It looks like, in comparing this model to the others made of the same material, those reflectives must cost about twenty bucks to make… not a bad deal when you think about it!