FirstGear Splash Rain Jacket - 2011 (Two Left, Small or Large)
- Waterproof/breathable shell made of 210 denier nylon taffeta
- Front zipper protected by extra-wide double storm flap secured in place by hook-and-loop
- Single left chest pocket with envelope closure secured by hook-and-loop
- Under-the-helmet rain hood integrated into the collar
- Micro fleece lined collar for comfort
- Adjustable collar tab with hook-and-loop closure
- Half elastic cuff with hook-and-loop adjustable tab
- Articulated sleeves for comfort in the riding position
- 1” wide elastic strip positioned at the waist to minimize wind flap
- Bungee pull cord at bottom of jacket to create a wind block; held in place by spring loaded cord locks
- Phone pocket inside jacket as well as a cargo pocket
- Integrated stuff sack located inside jacket near the bottom of the tail for easy storage in minimum space
- Reflective stripe across back of the jacket for night-time visibility
Check out these similar products:
Choose a rain jacket in the same size as your riding jacket or the size you’d normally buy men’s clothes (like your tee shirt/jacket size).
These rain jackets are made slightly taller and larger than standard with the idea you’d be able to wear them over a jacket without having to choose a larger-than-normal size.
Just for reference, the the chart below gives an estimate of ACTUAL measured size of the rain jacket (stretched to the fullest). With this information, you could measure your chest OVER your riding gear and then choose a rain jacket was bigger by at least a few inches.
|Size||Max Chest of the
Our Two Cents
The Splash jacket matches the Splash Pants (see link below) to form a good 2 piece rain suit. This nylon rain jacket should do a good job keeping you dry when the skies open up. The nylon material used in this jacket feels very soft compared to other rain jackets, and it seems like it would breathe pretty well. The 2011 Splash jacket has an integrated storage pouch, which is very handy when packing for a trip. The pouch even has a picture of the jacket on the outside of it so you don’t mix it up with the pants. Inside the collar there is an under the helmet rain hood, which stops water from dripping off your helmet and down your neck (which is a miserable feeling, especially if it’s cold out!). For storage there is a chest pocket with a storm flap that seems as if it would keep the water out, and inside the jacket is a cell phone pocket as well as another cargo pocket. The main zipper has a double storm flap and there is a draw cord at the base of the jacket to prevent wind and water from entering from the bottom. The sleeve openings are very adjustable, with elastic and Velcro to help get a good seal around your wrists. We have several photos of the Splash jacket in our photo gallery, take the “View Larger Pictures” link above to see some good closeups of this jacket and its features.