Alpinestars Urban DNS Pants
- Relaxed-fit riding pants for cold/wet weather
- Stylish enough to wear as a casual pant when off the bike
- 100% soft brushed cotton twill shell with DNS® technology for a lightweight, waterproof, breathable finish
- 2L seam tape on outer shell for waterproofing
- Fixed mesh lining
- Internal knee pockets for optional Smart protector inserts (sold separately)
- External snap tabs for waist adjustment
- Two deep front pockets and two rear zipper pockets with hook-and-loop flap closures
- Articulated leg panel construction with a generous leg opening to fit over high-profile touring boots
- Horse-rider style reinforced seat area
- Lower leg end expansion gusset zipper finishes prior to the hem, allowing for custom sizing
- Exclusive City Collection trimming and labeling includes customized Astar metal rivets and Astar waist closure button
Read on for more details.
The Urban DNS pants are sold by waist sizes. We found them to be on the snug side, so if you want a relaxed fit or are between sizes, choose one size larger than you normally wear. Inseams were 34 inches across the board which may be a bit long for some people, but keep in mind the riding position (knees bent) requires a longer pant leg than normal. A tailor could hem them shorter for you if necessary.
Our Two Cents
The Urban DNS pants are a break from the norm in motorcycle pants. The soft twill (brushed cotton) fabric is nice and soft, which is very comfortable to wear, but I’m not sure how far I would trust them in a crash. For light duty riding though, they would be a good choice – especially if you need to show up somewhere in something other than your typical motorcycle gear. The cotton outer shell is backed by a waterproof material which seems like it would do a good job keeping water out, and there is a mesh liner over that (on the inside) which keeps things comfortable. There are also internal pockets for knee armor (not included) which we would highly recommend adding for some protection. We found the Joe Rocket CE armor to be a good fit (see below). As far as outer pockets go, these pants have two front pockets with openings large enough to get your hand in and out of with gloves on. The rear pockets on the other hand have cargo flaps with very strong Velcro and zippers which keep your wallet very secure, but are a little more cumbersome to access. The bullet points list the Urban DNS as a good cold weather pant, but I don’t see any insulation so take that with a grain of salt (in other words, doesn’t look too warm to me). There are also conventional belt loops so you can wear your favorite belt with these as well. Be sure to click the link above to see some good closeups of these pants and their features.
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
Pants are awesome! Hosed myself down and totally held up. Super comfy and just the right length. (Read more...)