Tour Master Venture Air Pants
- Armor-Link Mesh shell with 1680 Denier Ballistic Polyester knee panels for comfort, durability and abrasion resistance
- Phoslite reflective panels and piping for increased nighttime visibility
- Durable 1680 Denier Ballistic Polyester seat panel minimizes slipping
- Double stitched construction throughout
- Removable, CE-approved knee armor with TM’s exclusive 3-Position Knee Armor Alignment System as well as removable soft hip armor
- Dual-elastic panel waistband with adjustable waist belts
- Accordion-style expansion panels at the rear waist and above knees for increased flexibility
- Two zippered hand pockets
- Stretch materials in the calf and inseam for a performance fit
- Removable, Two-Stage AquaTherm liner; the first stage is a waterproof/windproof liner, and the insulated second stage can be easily added for increased warmth
- 8” pant/jacket zipper attachment with the jacket side included
Note on Sizes/Colors: As the drop down menu indicates, the silver color is not available in tall sizes (don’t know why, but they aren’t).
Read on for more details.
The sizes offered by Tourmaster for these pants are accurate for wearing the pants over underwear or light clothing, but if you plan to wear them as overpants over heavier clothing, and if you are at the upper end of the waist size range listed below, you will need to go one size larger than indicated here:
|Pant Size||Waist Range||Regular Inseam||Short||Tall|
Our Two Cents
The Venture Air pants are designed to offer comfort and protection in a wide variety of weather conditions. The main shell of the pants is made of a loose weave mesh material that will keep you cool on even the hottest of days. The pants are constructed with side zippers that allow you to step into the pants with your boots and and street pants on which makes a design like this ideal for commuters and touring riders. For cooler and/or wet weather, these pants include a two part liner system allowing you to wear one or both of the liners making the pants suitable for a very wide range of weather conditions. The first liner is a thin water/windproof liner, and the second is a thicker insulated liner. I am very impressed with the versatility of these pants. Basically they work in both wet and dry weather, and hot and cold temperatures. The liner system has a few drawbacks though. Both liners, when installed make the pants kind of bulky and neither liner has the side zipper feature like the pant’s outer shell, so when you use these liners, you’ll loose the easy-on/easy-off feature. The pants come with removable CE approved armor in the knees that can be adjusted to three different positions so you can get proper placement and protection. The hips are protected with a soft foam armor as well. The seat and knees have also been reinforced for greater abrasion protection. Stretch panels in the rear of the waist and above the knees help make the pants comfortable and gives the rider a good range of motion. The pants also come with an 8 inch jacket attachment zipper for connection to Tour Master jackets. One new feature we liked when assembling and disassembling the pants is the color coded snaps on the liners and in the legs of the pants. This helps get them back together without inadvertently twisting the liners in the legs—-neat idea! Take the “View Larger Pictures” link above to see some good closeups of the pant and its features.
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
At 5'6", 35" waist, 30" inseam, I had hard time finding riding pants that fit. These fit great. I wear them over jeans in normal temps, over shorts in >85 degs, and with liners in <45. Adjustable knee armor allows positioning in just the right pla... (Read more...)
Tour Master Venture Pants were a good purchase too. Appear to be well made no problems here. I wear 36 waist and 32 length slacks and jeans. (Read more...)