Joe Rocket Atomic 5.0 Jacket for Women
- Combined Waterproof treated Rock Tex™ and Hitena™ outer shell for maximum impact resistance
- Externally accessible C.E. approved armor in shoulders & elbows
- Removable Spine Armor with Pocket for optional C.E. Spine Protector
- Variable Flow™ ventilation system with waterproof zippers
- Cross Linked Ventilation™ with Wind Tunnel Cooling Patent Pending
- Full Flex™ articulated back expansion panels
- Comfort neoprene cuff design
- 6 point Sure Fit™ custom adjustment system
- 2 outside pockets, 1 internal chest pocket
- Large padded lower back storage pocket
- 8” zipper plus 2 belt loops for jacket to pant attachment
- Removable insulated full sleeve liner with internal pocket
- 360˚ Reflective panels & logos
Have a look at Joe Rocket’s sizing chart. We feel this size chart gives an accurate estimate of size for this product.
Our Two Cents
The Joe Rocket Atomic 5.0 jacket is an update to their long running Atomic product line. The Atomic jacket for women is a great solid textile design with a lot of features for climate control, so it will work for you in a wide range of temperatures and weather.
The overall jacket has a nice looking feminine cut. The waist/hip area is adjustable with the side waist adjusters, and the jacket has stretch panels built in behind the shoulders and on the side of the torso to give you some flexibility. It also has snap take ups in the sleeves which help keep your armor in place.
Getting back to climate control… this jacket is a solid shell made of waterproof materials. And to further keep water out, it is built with a storm flap behind the main zipper, and waterproof external zippers. The included fully sleeved insulated liner should also do a very nice job keeping you warm when the weather gets cold. The liner is extra soft for all day comfort.
In warmer weather, you can open the two zippered torso vents which can be held open with snaps. Joe Rocket calls this the “Cross Link Ventilation”. This will really help the vents scoop air into the jacket to keep you cool. Two zippered vents at the back of the jacket will also serve to let hot air escape. This new 5.0 version also includes a couple front facing zip vents on the forearm area. With the four vents in front and the exhaust vents in back, this jacket will do a pretty good job in mild to very warm weather. (For really HOT weather, you’ll want to consider a full mesh jacket).
For protection, there is CE approved armor in the elbows and shoulders, as well as a foam back pad. For nighttime visibility, there are reflective stripes that run up the sides and the back of the jacket. To see some detailed photos of the Atomic 5.0, click the “View Larger Images” link above. :: Paul, 11-07-16