FirstGear Contour Tex Jacket for Women
- Outer shell made of HYPERTEX™ waterproof and breathable, high-density, 600 denier polyester for abrasion resistance; it keeps the rain out, but allows humidity to escape
- To achieve maximum airflow, there are six options: two 6” chest intake vents, two 7” back exhaust vents plus two 8” sleeve cuff vents with 2-way zippers to regulate air intake
- Behind the YKK® main zipper is a storm flap system with rain gutter and hook-and-loop closure to keep moisture out
- Protection includes CE-rated armor in the shoulders and elbows plus an EVA foam back pad
- Reflective panels on the front and back offer nighttime visibility
- Two front side pockets are protected by waterproof zippers
- Internal storage includes phone pocket on the left side, map/cargo pocket on the right side and a vertical zippered pocket with a red slider for easy visibility
- Collar and sleeve cuffs finished with soft, smooth tipping for comfort
- A perfect jacket for fair weather temperatures and commuting
- Jacket-to-pants 10” full conjunction zipper; mating half can be sewn onto your favorite pair of pants
We find the fit of this jacket to run a little on the tight side (it is designed to fit snug). If you are in between sizes, we would advise you to pick the larger size.
Below is the sizing chart as provided by FirstGear:
We are currently waiting on FirstGear to provide us with the measurements for the Extra Small size.
Our Two Cents
The Contour Tex Jacket is a great option for an inexpensive, quality textile jacket for the ladies. The only thing you are really missing out on with this jacket is it does not include a removable thermal liner, so you are limited to either only wearing it down into the cooler temps, or wearing your own thermal layer underneath if it gets cold. Other than that, this jacket has all the features you would expect in a good textile jacket. Two exterior pockets and three interior pockets are included for plenty of storage. The main zipper of the jacket has a storm flap which closes behind the zipper with Velcro, keeping wind and moisture at bay. Speaking of moisture, this jacket has the Hypertex outer shell which claims to be 100% waterproof, yet still breathable. So, if you get caught in the rain, this jacket should do a good job at keeping you dry. When things warm up a bit, the Contour Tex has 6 vents which can be utilized to keep you cool. There are two on the front of the shoulders to let air in while the two in back act as exit vents to let hot air out. The wrist closure features zippers that open for easy on/off; and they are two way – zip them the other direction to reveal two more vents on the sleeves (take a look at our pictures to see how this works). This jacket has a very simple, understated style, the cut is form fitting and definitely for the ladies. Two reflective stripes accent the shoulders on the front and back; adding some night-time visibility never hurts! For protection, there is CE approved armor for the shoulders and elbows, as well as an EVA foam back pad, all of which is removable. To see detailed photos of this jacket and its features, click on the “View Larger Pictures” link above.