FirstGear HT Overpant Shell For Women
- Overpant is sized to fit over your clothes; simply buy the size you normally wear
- Hypertex™ waterproof/breathable 330 denier Taslan outer shell
- Adjustable CE armor in the knees
- Padded hip protectors
- Articulated knee and seat for maximum riding comfort
- 2 front flap pass-through pocket openings for gaining access to internal pockets – protected by YKK rubberized zippers to keep moisture out
- 2/3 length side zip for easy on/off; protected by exterior double storm flap to keep out the elements
- Adjustable side waist tabs for a custom fit
- Heat-resistant material on inner calf
- 10” conjunction zipper for jacket connection
FirstGear Pant Promo, Triple Loyalty Credits for a Limited Time! Enjoy a Triple sized Loyalty Gift Card with the purchase of these pants (rebate shown below is triple size the “normal”). This promo will end August 31st, so hurry!
Read on for more details.
Select a pant size based upon a US ladies dress size. These pants are made to be worn over street clothing, and they are oversized just a bit (no need to order larger than usual). You can refer to First Gear’s sizing chart for more sizing information.
Our Two Cents
The HT Overpants from FirstGear have long been a favorite with touring riders as well as commuters (see link below). Think of the HT Overpant Shell as “HT Overpants Light”. This new option from FirstGear doesn’t come with the inner pant or insulated liner. Also it doesn’t have the external zippered vents. Correspondingly it’s lower in price and is a very good option for those riders who might not need those climate control features. Also the pants are noticeably lighter and would pack in a smaller space, which would be welcomed by touring riders. Sometimes less is more, right?
Anyway, like all other FirstGear products this one offers quality construction and the basic features you’ll need in an overpant. There are two pretty long side zippers to facilitate putting these on over street clothes without having to find a place to change. The pants come with CE armor in the knees and some foam padding in the hips. The pants have two nifty pocket zippers in front that, when open, allow you to reach into your pants pockets underneath. There is also a rear patch pocket. Take the “View Larger Images” link above to see some good close-up pictures of the pant’s features.