Cortech by Tour Master LRX Series 3 Jacket For Women
- 400 denier nylon dobby and 1680 denier ballistic polyester performance cut shell combines with a Rainguard® waterproof and breathable barrier
- Mandarin style collar with soft, microfiber trim
- Zippered shoulder, sleeve and rear exit vents provide flow-through ventilation
- Durable main zipper closure seals out the elements
- 360º Phoslite® reflective piping and Cortech’s signature reflective rear triangle increase nighttime visibility
- The microfiber-lined cuffs with hook and loop closures are soft, yet durable
- Adjustable sleeve take up straps at forearm and bicep help to secure elbow armor and material
- Removable, CE-approved armor at the elbows and shoulders with an articulated triple-density back protector
- Cortech Ladies Z.O.Q. (Zip-Out Quilted) liner features a comfortable iridescent taffeta liner
- Zippered chest map pocket, hand warmer pockets and internal mobile phone pocket
- Hand pockets are lined with Armor-Link 2 mesh, which allows pockets to double as vents
- Adjustable waist belts with TPR pulls help fine-tune the fit
- Includes a jacket/pant zipper attachment with the pant side included
Price Drop! As of March ’14 Tour Master has lowered the MSRP and by extension, the lowest allowable price we are able to charge (10% off MSRP), so what that means is you can now buy this product for less! The original MSRP is shown below. The new MSRP is $149.99. Buy now and save!
Read on for more details.
We checked the fit of this jacket and found it to run true to the sizing chart. For the fit test, Laverne and Shirley are standard size 6 and 12 respectively (take the link to see specific chest/waist/hip measurements) and they are wearing sizes Small and Large. As you can see the fit is comfortable and each has a bit of downward adjustability with the Velcro size adjusters. Take the “View Larger Images” link above to see how our test subjects look in their jackets.
We chose the sizes for our Fit Check using the chart below which is provided by Cortech. We suggest you make your selection in the same way. If you are between sizes, then our suggestion would be to choose the smaller. At the time of this writing, Cortech is not providing a conversion from their “alpha” sizes to a women’s dress size. Regarding the Estimated Height given: I think Cortech’s estimates are based upon an “ideal” and are unnecessarily tight, so take those measurements as a guideline only.
|Jacket Size||Chest||Waist||Sleeve||Hip||Estimated Height Range|
|XS||32||26.5||24||33||5’ to 5’1”|
|Small||34||28.5||24.5||35||5’1” to 5’2”|
|Medium||36||30.5||25||37||5’2” to 5’3”|
|Large||38||32.5||25.5||39||5’3” to 5’4”|
|XL||40||34.5||26||41||5’4” to 5’5”|
|Plus Small||38||40.5||24.5||39||5’1” to 5’2”|
|Plus Med||42||42.5||25||41||5’2” to 5’3”|
|Plus Large||46||44.5||25.5||43||5’3” to 5’4”|
|Small Tall||34||28.5||26.5||35||5’4” to 5’5”|
|Med Tall||36||30.5||27||37||5’5” to 5’6”|
|Large Tall||38||32.5||27.5||39||5’6” to 5’‘7”|
Our Two Cents
Here is the new LRX Series 3 jacket for ladies. The overall styling and colors are updated. You’ll enjoy this jacket for your fall, winter and spring riding. The integrated waterproof liner will keep you dry also in case of wet weather. The sibling model, the GX Sport 3 jacket shares much the same feature list, and since I JUST got through describing all its features, I’ll share an excerpt that applies perfectly to the ladies version as well: The jacket has climate control features for three season conditions and wet weather (fall, winter, spring). The jacket has a removable full-sleeve thermal liner which will add a lot of insulation against cold weather, and of course the outer shell will block cold air. And this jacket offers waterproof construction by way of a mid-liner (a waterproof barrier between the jacket’s shell and the nylon mesh interior lining). So the jacket’s solid textile shell, the removable thermal liner and the integral rainproof barrier will let you adjust for almost any mild to cold and/or wet weather. Hot weather? Well, I’d advise you to buy a mesh jacket. Even though this jacket has some modest zippered vents, the flow of air is only between the outer shell and rain liner, so venting is limited. For crash protection the shoulders and elbows come equipped with removable CE approved armor and there is also a removable triple density back pad. There is also some external padding in the back of the jacket providing additional impact protection and adding to the overall looks of the jacket. The jacket allows you to customize the fit with an adjustable waist, sleeves and cuff closures. To see the night time reflectivity, please take the “View Larger Images” link above. We’ve got some good night shots to demonstrate. There is an 8” jacket to pants attachment zipper for use with any Tour Master or Cortech riding pants. Overall, this is a very nice style with a lot of value which will make nearly any street rider happy. :: Paul, 10-17-12