Tour Master Venture Air Pants For Women
- Armor-Link Mesh shell with 1680 Denier Ballistic Polyester knee panels for comfort, durability and abrasion resistance
- Phoslite reflective panels and piping for increased nighttime visibility
- Durable 1680 Denier Ballistic Polyester seat panel minimizes slipping
- Double stitched construction throughout
- Removable, CE-approved knee armor with TM’s exclusive 3-Position Knee Armor Alignment System as well as removable soft hip armor
- Dual-elastic panel waistband with adjustable waist belts
- Accordion-style expansion panels at the rear waist and above knees for increased flexibility
- Two zippered hand pockets
- Stretch materials in the calf and inseam for a performance fit
- Removable, Two-Stage AquaTherm liner; the first stage is a waterproof/windproof liner, and the insulated second stage can be easily added for increased warmth
- 8” pant/jacket zipper attachment with the jacket side included
These pants are sold in women’s “alpha” sizes (small, med, large, etc). Tour Master’s size label also includes an indication of dress size, but those dress sizes really don’t make sense to us. For example, Tour Master’s XS size is equal to a 6-8 dress size which is not comparable to “normal” sizing. We have made our own recommended size chart below. The chart is our recommendation if you wear the pants over underwear or very light clothing. If you would like to wear these pants as overpants over jeans or heavier clothing, we recommend that you buy one size up on our sizing chart.
|Alpha Size||Our Estimate of Dress Size||Inseam|
Our Two Cents
The Women’s Venture Air pants are designed to offer comfort and protection in a wide variety of weather conditions. The main shell of the pants is made of a loose weave mesh material that will keep you cool on even the hottest of days. The pants are constructed with side zippers that allow you to step into the pants with your boots and street pants on which makes a design like this ideal for commuters and touring riders. For cooler and/or wet weather, these pants include a two part liner system allowing you to wear one or both of the liners making the pants suitable for a very wide range of weather conditions. The first liner is a thin water/windproof liner, and the second is a thicker insulated liner. I am very impressed with the versatility of these pants. Basically they work in both wet and dry weather, and hot and cold temperatures. The liner system has a few drawbacks though. Both liners, when installed, make the pants kind of bulky and neither liner has the side zipper feature like the pant’s outer shell, so when you use these liners, you’ll lose the easy-on/easy-off feature. The pants come with removable CE approved armor in the knees that can be adjusted to three different positions so you can get proper placement and protection. The hips are protected with a soft foam armor as well. The seat and knees have also been reinforced for greater abrasion protection. Stretch panels in the rear of the waist and above the knees help make the pants comfortable and give the rider a good range of motion. The pants also come with an 8 inch jacket attachment zipper for connection to Tour Master jackets. One new feature we liked when assembling and disassembling the pants is the color coded snaps on the liners and in the legs of the pants. This helps get them back together without inadvertently twisting the liners in the legs—-neat idea! Take the “View Larger Pictures” link above to see some good closeups of the pant and its features.
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
Bought these for the wife so she could use them as overpants when the temp drops and as just pants when it is hot. They are true to size and she couldn't be happier.
Quality made pants at a reasonable price. A little bulky to accommodate the 2 liners but these air pants should do it all for the long trip. It's true...new enough has a "no hassle return" had to return my husband's air pants as we ordered the wro... (Read more...)