Scorpion EXO-1100 Tiffany Helmet
- Fiberglass/Kevlar™ Matrix Shell: Quiet, aero-tuned design for wind-tunnel tested comfort. EPS-lined chin bar for additional protection
- AirFit® permits a rider to personalize helmet fit through air adjustable cheek pads
- SpeedView® an internal retractable light smoke sun visor that eases eye strain instantly in varying light conditions without changing face shields, plus an EverClear® coating on both sides for a fog free ride
- SpeedShift® quick-change shield system (patent pending): Easy, secure tool-less faceshield changes in ten seconds or less
- EverClear® no-fog faceshield: Optically-correct shield with state-of-the art fog-free technology and anti-scratch hardened coating
- KwikWickII® moisture-wicking helmet liner and cheek pads: Breathable, easily removable and washable
- Ventilation system: Adjustable, indexed front and rear vents with aero-tuned rear spoiler reduce lift, create vacuum and maximize airflow through helmet
- Breath-deflector: Enhanced fog-free performance
- ECE 22.05/DOT Certified
Read on for more details.
Other links of interest:Helmet Care and Cleaning
Our Two Cents
The EXO-1100 helmets from Scorpion have evolved from their predecessor, the EXO-1000s. Scorpion has fine-tuned their AirFit adjustable cheek pad system to provide a wider range of adjustability than the previous model to make it fit perfectly to the shape of your face. The helmet thus snugly follows the shape of your cheeks, as if it had been molded to your very own features. When it comes to safety, this optimized fit provides better protection and reduces the phenomena of lift. In addition, the cheek pads are sculpted of triple density foam for a more comfortable fit. The second generation KwikWick2 liner wicks moisture, is machine washable, hypoallergenic, and very soft to the touch, enhancing the rider’s comfort. The helmet weighs less than the EXO-1000 and has improved ventilation and noise insulation. Scorpion has kept the best features of the earlier helmet, a no-fog retractable sunvisor, Speedshift quick change pivot, Everclear anti-fog faceshield, and like the EXO-500 a 3-position face shield antifog/locking latch. The helmet comes in several basic colors; the paint and finish seem to be well done.
A customer review… we couldn’t have said it better ourselves: I just thought I’d drop you a note … I got a chance to handle the new EXO-1100s at IndyGP last weekend. Scorpion had a big product booth set up in the pits – and this helmet is the one that the EXO-1000 should’ve been. Even the sales rep said the same thing. I’ve had an EXO-1000 for a couple years now, and I love it, but this new 1100 addresses all the little things that I’ve learned to live with in the 1000: the chin vent slides open now, so that it doesn’t pop closed on accident all the time, the foam chassis has been highly modified for better venting (haven’t tried it out, but just looking at it, you can tell it should run cooler) and best of all: it’s noticeably lighter. 1/2lb doesn’t sound like much but it’s a big difference. I wasn’t in the market for a new helmet before … but after checking them out in person, now I might be! :) That’s all – keep up the good work! Jake