Tour Master Winter Elite II MT Gloves For Women
- Grade A water-resistant goatskin and sheepskin leather provides comfort and durability
- 6.5 oz Exkin Air® insulation with a layer of aluminized fabric provides warmth and durability
- A waterproof and breathable barrier by HiPora®
- mcFit® (MT) technology liner offers maximum comfort and fit
- Pre-curved palm and fingers match the shape of grips to ease hand fatigue
- YKK® Velcro wrist adjustments with TPR pull for easy operation
- Forehand, knuckle and finger expansion panels for added flexibility
- Thumb mounted shield wipe
- Built in nylon polar cover stores in zippered pocket when not in use
- Reflective material on wrist cuff for added visibility
These gloves fit comparably to other major brands of gloves, so select the size you normally wear.
Our Two Cents
The Winter Elite II MT gloves from Tour Master should keep your hands warm and dry on cold weather rides. They’re utilizing a type of insulation that incorporates a layer of aluminum to provide warmth without bulk (think space blanket). The leather used in the gloves is soft yet thick enough to provide crash protection. A handy shield wipe on the thumb helps keep your vision clear on wet or foggy days and there is a liberal use of reflective material on the wrist cuffs to help you be seen. The gloves have a built in mitten-type cover that can be deployed over the gloves to shield you from the wind and deflect some moisture (although the mittens themselves are not waterproof). Speaking of waterproof, these gloves use a waterproof/breathable mid-liner (between the outer leather shell and the inner lining) to keep moisture off your hands. Thoughtfully, the mittens have a hole in them to let the little shield wiper come though. Overall, I like the new approach to insulation. It gives a superior feel than most winter gloves. The gloves have a long gauntlet and a gaiter at the end to help seal over your jacket sleeve. We’ve got some good pictures of these features you can see by clicking the “View Larger Images” link above. Also in that group of photos is a night shot which shows off the reflective material on the outside wrist area of each glove. Wow, it’s bright!
Note on pics: Our first custom photo is of Holly who tried the gloves on to check sizing (she wears a women’s large and they fit her just right). The rest of the pics were taken with me modeling the men’s gloves. We’d taken those shots first and felt like it didn’t make sense to shoot them all over again with Holly. I wouldn’t even mention it except she didn’t want people to think she has hairy forearms. :: Paul, 10/11/11