Motonation Apparel Dominator Sports Leather Jacket
- 1.2mm (body) to 1.4mm (impact areas) premium leather construction for optimum protection, durability and comfort.
- Removable and washable thermal insulating quilted liner with a pocket zips in over a permanent mesh lining.
- CE approved shoulder and elbow protectors. EN 1621-level 1.
- 10mm thick memory foam back pad.
- Extra padding is also provided via padded panels throughout the jacket.
- Zip open air vents are positioned on the back of shoulders.
- Sleeves feature 2-way zippers for additional air flow.
- Moisture wicking neoprene in the collar for maximum rider comfort.
- Pre curved arms for a perfect look, fit and for maximum riding comfort.
- Multi stitched for maximum abrasion and tear resistance for outside of arms and back seams.
- Triple Stitched for good abrasion and tear resistance for chest and other normally high impact or abrasion areas.
- World famous YKK zippers with long zipper pulls.
- Two front hand warmer pockets with zipper closures.
- Two inner pockets; one with zipper closure.
- Accordion leather-Spandex stretch panels are located on the sides/waist and armpits for the finest non-binding fit possible.
- Two waist connection zippers for pant attachment.
These jackets are sold in chest sizes. We measured a selection of these jackets and found them to run larger than you’d expect judging by the stated size. We suggest you measure your chest and belly and use the chart we put together below to choose a jacket size based upon your measurements. Choose a size that will be big enough for both your chest and belly.
|Jacket Size||Our Estimate
of Max Chest
Our Two Cents
The Dominator sports leather jacket is is a partially perfed leather sport jacket that comes complete with armor. It is a simple design primarily for sport/street riding.
About Motonation gear: Motonation is a US distributor of many brands of motorcycle apparel and accessories in the US. One of their top brands is Sidi boots. They WERE the distributor for AGV Sport gear for many years before AGV Sport exited the US market in 2017. For 2018 Motonation developed their own line of gear to fill that niche.
The leather used in this jacket is similar to other brands that make sport leather jackets. The finish is sort of “matte” finish. Most of the front is perforated and most of the arms too, so there will a good deal of air flow through the shell so this jacket will be comfortable in warm.. maybe even hot weather (depending upon your riding position and speed). The jacket comes with a removable vest-type thermal liner. You can use the vest in cooler weather. If you layer with your own gear underneath, you might be able to extend the comfort range into cold weather, but as it is, I’d say “cool” weather would be the limit.
The armor is standard CE molded protectors in the shoulders and elbows and a foam back pad. All is removable. Its not “premium” armor but it is similar to what you get in all but the more expensive gear like REVIT and Alpinestars and is commensurate with the price point. And best of all you don’t have to buy anything else.
To be honest, this jacket looks almost exactly like AGV Sport gear we’ve sold for many years. Its value priced and decent quality… for the everyday sport rider it is perfectly fine. :: Paul, 06-11-18
Motonation says: A great leather jacket for both sport and casual riding, the Dominator jacket features integrated padding in the chest and back areas, plus CE protectors in the elbows and shoulders. There are two hand warming pockets plus two internal storage pockets, along with perforated leather panels on the chest, arms and sides to bring in cooling air on hot days and, for cooler mornings, an insulated, removable quilted liner.