Tour Master Transition Series 3 Jacket
- 3/4 length 600 Denier Carbolex® and 1680 Denier Ballistic Polyester shell incorporates reflective Phoslite® material panels for increased nighttime visibility
- Waterproof, breathable Rainguard® barrier allows dryness without perspiration buildup
- Collar anchor prevents flapping
- Waterproof zippered 3-position shoulder vents, chest vents, sleeve vents, rear exit vents and Pipeline Ventilation System for flow-through ventilation
- Durable 2-way main zipper closure with dual wind flap seals out the elements
- Wide reflective strip across back & chest, reflective sleeve piping, reflective lower take-up strap panel, Phoslite® material panels and reflective rear triangle increase nighttime visibility
- Microfiber-lined collar and cuffs are soft, yet durable
- Adjustable sleeve take-up straps at the forearm and bicep help to secure elbow armor and sleeve material
- Removable, CE-approved armor at the elbow and shoulder with an articulated triple density back protector
- Tour Master’s Z.O.Q. (Zip-Out Quilted) liner features warming 100g poly fill insulation
- Vertical zippered chest map pockets, pockets with a flap closure, internal media pocket, dual-zippered fanny pack and sleeve key pocket
- Adjustable waist belts with TPR pulls help fine-tune the fit
- Jacket/pant zipper attachment with the pant side included
Our Friends at WebBikeWorld have completed an exhaustive review of this jacket, so check it out. Note: if you like his review and plan to buy, then click through back to our site through the links he provides on the product review and your purchase will result in a bit of love for them!
Read on for more details.
We tried this jacket on our Fit Check mannequins and thought they fit great. Huey is wearing a Med and Dewey is wearing an XL (take the “View Larger Images” link above to see those pictures).
We recommend you buy the size you normally buy in men’s clothing. These jackets are also available in tall sizes. If you normally buy tall shirts (or other clothing), then these will work for you. The sleeve length and torso length of a tall is about 1 1/2” longer than the corresponding regular size.
Here is Tour Master’s chart. Sleeve lengths listed are from the shoulder seam to the end of the arm cuff.
|Alpha Size||Max Chest Size||Sleeve Length||Tall Sleeve Length|
Our Two Cents
Well I’ve said the same thing about previous versions of this jacket, but I’ll say it again; the Transition 3.0 jacket is a LOT of jacket for the money. In my opinion, Tour Master excels in packing a lot of usable features into their riding gear and doing it at a very reasonable price. Some things I really like about this new design: the front zipper is large with a very sturdy two-way zipper pull which can be handled easily with gloves on. The two-way action on the zipper lets you zip up from the bottom so that the jacket will not bunch up in your lap when sitting on the bike… a handy design feature for a longer 3/4 style like this. The other thing I noticed is how the ventilation and waterproofing system are designed. This jacket offers a waterproof/breathable barrier between the outer shell and the inner mesh lining to keep out rain. This design really works well, but typically takes away from the effectiveness of zippered vents because the air inflow can’t reach your skin directly. But with this jacket, they’ve used a waterproof zipper on the larger shoulder/arm vents and there is a passage from the outside all the way to the inside of the jacket when the zippers are open. This is the best-of-both-worlds scenario in my opinion. And to make the front vents even better, they have a clever design that allows you to shape the vent into a “scoop” shape to catch more wind (hard to describe but you’ll get the idea). The zip vents on the chest and back are not a pass-thru design like this and will be a bit less effective, but the combination of all of them should work great. For colder weather, you zip all the vents shut and use the removable full-sleeve thermal liner. It is easy to put in and take out and they even color code the connection points to help you get it right easily. For fit adjustment there are two, three-position snap adjusters on the sleeves, waist adjustment straps and hip size adjustments. Folks who buy a jacket like this usually like plenty of storage. With this jacket you get two large cargo pockets in front, a fanny pouch and four storage pockets of different configurations on the inside. They’ve even duplicated the inside pockets on the liner so you get the same storage choices with the liner in or out… very nice. We’ll take some dark pictures for our photo gallery so you can see the reflectives. The Phoslite material used by Tour Master really lights up well. Once again, I must say I’m impressed with this new design. Paul :: 02-25-12
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
Hello, once again I have received a great service from this company. The first shipment got lost so they have replaced the product. Excelent jacket, 100% recomandable.
Just received my new Tour Master Transition 3 jacket in high vis. First a note about motorcyclegear.com, I screwed up my order and received the jacket in black. I dealt with Chris in customer service. He was very professional and handled my retur... (Read more...)