Tour Master Transition Series 3 Jacket
- 3/4 length 600 Denier Carbolex® and 1680 Denier Ballistic Polyester shell incorporates reflective Phoslite® material panels for increased nighttime visibility
- Waterproof, breathable Rainguard® barrier allows dryness without perspiration buildup
- Collar anchor prevents flapping
- Waterproof zippered 3-position shoulder vents, chest vents, sleeve vents, rear exit vents and Pipeline Ventilation System for flow-through ventilation
- Durable 2-way main zipper closure with dual wind flap seals out the elements
- Wide reflective strip across back & chest, reflective sleeve piping, reflective lower take-up strap panel, Phoslite® material panels and reflective rear triangle increase nighttime visibility
- Microfiber-lined collar and cuffs are soft, yet durable
- Adjustable sleeve take-up straps at the forearm and bicep help to secure elbow armor and sleeve material
- Removable, CE-approved armor at the elbow and shoulder with an articulated triple density back protector
- Tour Master’s Z.O.Q. (Zip-Out Quilted) liner features warming 100g poly fill insulation
- Vertical zippered chest map pockets, pockets with a flap closure, internal media pocket, dual-zippered fanny pack and sleeve key pocket
- Adjustable waist belts with TPR pulls help fine-tune the fit
- Jacket/pant zipper attachment with the pant side included
Our Friends at WebBikeWorld have completed an exhaustive review of this jacket, so check it out. Note: if you like his review and plan to buy, then click through back to our site through the links he provides on the product review and your purchase will result in a bit of love for them!
Price Drop! As of March ’14 Tour Master has lowered the MSRP and by extension, the lowest allowable price we are able to charge (10% off MSRP), so what that means is you can now buy this product for less! The original MSRP is shown below. The new MSRP is $209.99. Buy now and save!
Read on for more details.
We tried this jacket on our Fit Check mannequins and thought they fit great. Huey is wearing a Med and Dewey is wearing an XL (take the “View Larger Images” link above to see those pictures).
We recommend you buy the size you normally buy in men’s clothing. These jackets are also available in tall sizes. If you normally buy tall shirts (or other clothing), then these will work for you. The sleeve length and torso length of a tall is about 1 1/2” longer than the corresponding regular size.
Here is Tour Master’s chart. Sleeve lengths listed are from the shoulder seam to the end of the arm cuff.
|Alpha Size||Max Chest Size||Sleeve Length||Tall Sleeve Length|
Our Two Cents
Well I’ve said the same thing about previous versions of this jacket, but I’ll say it again; the Transition 3.0 jacket is a LOT of jacket for the money. In my opinion, Tour Master excels in packing a lot of usable features into their riding gear and doing it at a very reasonable price. Some things I really like about this new design: the front zipper is large with a very sturdy two-way zipper pull which can be handled easily with gloves on. The two-way action on the zipper lets you zip up from the bottom so that the jacket will not bunch up in your lap when sitting on the bike… a handy design feature for a longer 3/4 style like this. The other thing I noticed is how the ventilation and waterproofing system are designed. This jacket offers a waterproof/breathable barrier between the outer shell and the