Tour Master Saber Series 3 Jacket
- The 600 denier Carbolex® three quarter length shell combines with a Rainguard® waterproof and breathable barrier
- The collar features a soft microfiber relief panel
- Zippered chest vents, sleeve vents and a rear exit vent provides flow-through ventilation
- Two-way main zipper closure with dual wind flaps seal out the elements
- 360° Phoslite® reflective piping and Tour Master’s signature reflective rear triangle increase nighttime visibility
- Microfiber lined collar and cuffs are soft yet durable
- Adjustable sleeve take-up straps at the forearm and bicep help to secure elbow armor and material
- Removable CE approved armor at the elbows and shoulders with an articulated triple density back protector
- Tour Master’s removable Z.O.Q. (zip-out quilted) liner features warming 100gm Polyfill insulation
- Zippered chest map pocket, hand warmer pockets, flap closure bellows pockets, internal medial pocket and dual zippered fanny pack
- Adjustable waist belts with TPR pulls help fine tune the fit
- Includes a jacket/pant zipper attachment with the pant side zipper included
Note on pricing: Black and red are discontinued so the price is lower until sold out.
Read on for more details.
We tried the full range of jackets on our Fit Test mannequins Huey, Dewey and Louie and found them to fit very well. We used a Medium, XL and XXXL respectively, so we can advise you to choose the size you normally wear in men’s clothing.
Take a look at Tour Master’s published size chart below; sleeve lengths are measured from the shoulder seam down to the end of the sleeve cuff.
|Alpha Size||Chest Size||Sleeve Length|
Our Two Cents
The Saber Series 3 jacket is a 3/4 length textile jacket; this style jacket is popular with touring riders and commuters. It is rare for a jacket with the number of features this jacket has to be priced so reasonably. For this reason, we think this jacket is a great value for those who need to stay on a budget. Commuters and touring riders need a lot of convenient storage and this jacket has quite a few storage pockets, including a map pocket and an internal media pocket. We’ve taken some nice pictures of all the pockets and you can view those by taking the “View Larger Images” link above. Consider this jacket to be a “three season” style. It will be great for cold weather and cool weather and also wet conditions. The shell has a waterproof barrier built in that will keep you dry. There is also a very nice full-sleeve thermal liner for insulation in cold weather. One small touch I find helpful is the color coded keepers used to install the thermal liner. The color codes makes it easy to attach the right loop on the snaps (you’ll see what I mean when you get the jacket). For use in warmer temps there are zippered vents that allow some airflow. For really hot weather though, you’ll want a mesh style of some sort. With the heavy textile shell, rain liner, etc, even with the zippered vents, this jacket will be uncomfortable in summer. Last but not least, the jacket comes with a full complement of C.E. approved armor in the shoulders and elbows as well as a triple density foam spine protector. The jacket also has a large triangle of reflective material on the upper back and some reflective piping as well. Like I said, overall this style is a great value. — Paul 02-09-12
Did you find the sizing advice and review helpful? We could become friends…
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
Straight Up ! These are the most perfect riding boots I've ever owned. I ordered one size larger to be safe (I hate tight fitting clothes and shoes) and the fit is spot on. They are thus far the warmest on the toes. I haven't had any serious r... (Read more...)
After a few months of owning this gear I am very satisfied with them. The gloves show signs of wear to the color but doesn't effect how they feel. As for the helmet, It has been very sturdy. Has been subjected to quite a few 6foot drops due to clu... (Read more...)