Scorpion Underworld Jacket
- Durable, water-resistant 600 denier poly outer shell construction
- Ballistic weave panels in the elbows provide additional abrasion resistance
- Sas-Tec CE® approved SC-01/02 removable armor at elbows and shoulders
- Back protector compartment with PE foam pad included; also fits optional Sas-Tec SC-1/15 10mm back protector
- Removable, full-sleeve EverHeat® thermal liner
- Zippered chest and rear exhaust vents for flow-through ventilation
- NightViz® reflective piping and print provide increased night time visibility
- Comfortable, durable and flexible neoprene collar trim
- Accordion stretch panels in the elbows provide exceptional flexibility
- Sleeve take-ups secure elbow armor and material when liner is removed
- Dual waist snap adjustment to fine tune the fit
- YKK main closure zipper with Scorpion TPR pull
- Lightweight perforated lining for maximum air flow
- 8”, #5 nylon zipper as well as a belt loop for secure pant attachment
Read on for more details.
We tried the size Medium in this jacket on Huey and we put an XL jacket on Dewey. These are the sizes they normally wear and both fit very well. Finding a fit in this style won’t be difficult. The overall style is simple and the jacket is fairly relaxed in fit. I’d advise you choose the size you normally wear in men’s clothing.
You can also use the chart below to choose a size based upon your chest and/or belly/waist measurements. I added an estimated “max belly” measurement too. Like I said above, this is a relaxed style so most people won’t have trouble with the belly size (like they might with a trim sport style), but if you have a bit of a belly it wouldn’t hurt to put a tape around it and make sure you are OK with the size you’ve chosen.
|Size||Max Chest||Max Belly||Sleeve Length (from center of collar in back)|
Our Two Cents
Wow, even the color choices of this jacket are of the same “theme”... Blood or Smoke are your two choices. If you take the “View Larger Images” link above, you can see the print on the jacket body which is a lot of views of the human skull. The overall functionality is that of a textile street jacket that will be most usable in a cool to warm climate. The jacket has a removable thermal liner which is better than most. Scorpion has always added a few extra bucks into their thermal liners using more plushy insulation and some wicking material so it won’t feel cheap or clammy. Scorpion says the shell is “water resistant” but I’d say only mildly water resistant. For a light, short shower, you’ll be fine, but otherwise you’ll need a rain jacket if you want to stay dry. The jacket has a couple zip vents in front and a couple in back to move some air and I’m sure that will work up through warm temps, but you’ll be pining for a full mesh style in hot weather. The jacket has CE approved armor in the shoulders and elbows which is soft and comfortable, and a foam back pad. Storage is a bit limited… two hand warmer pockets and one inside wallet pocket. The “underworld” theme and styling is the main draw here folks. If that is your thing, you’ve come to the right place. :: Paul, 03-21-14
Did you find the sizing advice and review helpful? We could become friends…