Scorpion Torque Jacket
- Durable 600 Denier nylon outershell with P.U. coating construction
- Removable EverHeat™ thermal liner vest
- CE™ approved armor at elbows and shoulders
- Back protector compartment with P.E. foam pad included
- AirVent™ ventilation system: 2 front vents and 2 back vents for maximum airflow
- Dual hand warmer pockets and 1 internal pocket
- NightViz™ reflective trim on back gets you noticed at night
- Built-in, lightweight mesh lining
- Belt loop for pant attachment
- Comfortable mandarin style collar
Read on for more details.
The sizing on this jacket is comparable to other “alpha” sized jackets and is also in line with men’s clothing sizes, so choose the size you normally wear in jackets and shirts. If you want to double check sizing using a tape measure, refer to the chart below. There are waist adjustment belts on either side of the jacket which can take some slack out of the waist.
|Size||Max Chest||Max Belly|
Our Two Cents
The Torque jacket from Scorpion is a good looking, simply styled textile jacket. Nearly every top brand offers a simple “entry level” jacket like this, but Scorpion gear in general is of a very high quality (IMHO) and the overall quality of this jacket is on par with the rest. Example: The thermal liner attaches to the jacket with a very nice coil zipper all around and has a strip of “quick wick” material down the spine area to make it dissipate sweat better than plain nylon. The four zippered vents have very good zippers and larger zipper pulls. For comfort the jacket has a nice rolled end on the top of the collar and ends of the sleeves with softer material. So if you are looking for a good quality, but simple, entry level jacket, this is a nice choice. Take the “View Larger Pictures” link above to see some good close-up pictures.