Scorpion Tornado Jacket
- Durable 600 denier nylon outer shell
- Ballistic nylon panels on shoulders and upper sleeves
- Features water-resistant PU coating construction
- Removable EverHeat™ thermal liner
- CE approved ventilated armor at elbows and shoulders
- Back protector compartment with P.E. foam pad included
- Dual Velcro® waist adjustment straps
- Velcro® operated arm adjustment straps
- 2 hand warmer/storage pockets and 2 internal pockets
- Zippered ventilation system, 2 front vents and 2 back vents
- NightViz™ reflective trim on arms and back for improved night time visibility
- Lightweight perforated lining for maximum air flow
Read on for more details.
The sizing on this jacket is comparable to other “alpha” sized jackets and is also in line with men’s clothing sizes, so choose the size you normally wear in jackets and shirts. If you want to double check sizing using a tape measure, refer to the chart below. There are Velcro waist adjustment belts on either side of the jacket which can take up to 4 inches out of the waist.
|Size||Max Chest||Max Belly|
Our Two Cents
I really like the styling of the new Tornado jacket. It’s sporty and easily visible too. The white accents and reflective piping make even the black jacket stand out. Not only does it look good, but the Tornado jacket is also highly functional. Protection comes in the form of ballistic nylon overlays in the shoulders and arms, as well as CE approved armor in the shoulders and elbows and a foam back pad. The Tornado jacket will work well in a variety of climates. It comes with Scorpion’s Everheat thermal liner, which does a good job keeping you warm, and is also moisture wicking, which is helpful. For warm weather riding there are zippered vents at the chest and exhaust vents in the back which will provide a bit of ventilation (mainly to the armpits). The Tornado jacket is listed as water resistant, which means anything more than a very light sprinkle is going to get you wet. The benefit to this however is the jacket is not as hot in warm weather. We have taken quite a few pictures of the Tornado jacket in our photo studio, so be sure to click the “View Larger Images” link above to check them out.