Scorpion Helix Jacket
- Durable, 600 denier poly construction
- H2O BLOK™ Waterproof and breathable fixed liner
- Exo-Tec® CE® approved removable armor at elbows and shoulders
- Back protector compartment with PE foam pad included (can be upgraded to optional SAS-TEC back protector insert)
- Removable, full-sleeve EverHeat® thermal liner
- Exo-Stitch™ Safety Seam provides a reinforced double stitch seam to produce highly durable construction
- Zippered chest, sleeve & rear exhaust vents for flow-through ventilation
- NightViz® reflective piping on the front, rear and sleeves for increased nighttime visibility
- Dual waist strap adjustment for a custom fit
- YKK® main closure zipper with Scorpion TPR pull
- Lightweight perforated lining for maximum air flow
Read on for more details.
This jacket is offered in “alpha” sizing. We checked the sizing on our Fit Check mannequins. The size Medium and XL fit Huey and Dewey very nicely! We also checked measurements on selected sizes and all checked out as it should, therefore we’d advise you to choose the size you normally wear in men’s clothing.
The overall cut of this jacket is “normal” and the taper from chest to waist is about 4”. If you have a bit of a belly, you can check your belly measurement and make sure that the jacket you choose is large enough for your chest AND belly. Example: The size XL will accommodate a 46 chest and a 42 belly. If you are trim through the waist, it won’t be a problem because there are very effective waist adjusters.
|Size||Max Chest||Max Belly||Sleeve Length
from center of collar in back
Our Two Cents
The Helix jacket by Scorpion is a new street sport style which offers good looks and is waterproof. The jacket is built with a built in waterproof/breathable liner between the jacket’s outer shell and the inner mesh lining. Construction like this using a mid-liner is probably the most effective form of waterproofing since there are no zippers/snaps, straps etc which penetrate the liner and create openings where water can enter. If you encounter a lot of wet weather, then this jacket should do a good job in that regard. It will also do well for cold weather since it comes equipped with a full sleeve removable thermal liner. The liner is plushy and should give plenty of warmth especially considering the wind-blocking capability of the mid-liner. The jacket has zippered vents, and they will provide some air flow, but since the mid-liner blocks direct air flow all the way through the jacket, they will only have limited effectiveness; therefore I would recommend this jacket for mild to cold weather and of course wet weather. It will be good in mild temps too, but on hot days, it will be a cooker. The jacket comes with the usual complement of armor for the shoulders, elbows and back. The jacket has some pockets for storage in front and inside as well. Just click through the large photo set we did to see all those details (click the “View Larger Images” link above). The jacket has some nighttime reflectives so we took a couple night shots to show you that as well… the reflectives performed well. This jacket has a short rear zipper to attach to Scorpion pants and also a snap-close belt loop if you just want to attach to your pants. Having some sort of attachment to pants is handy so that the tail of the jacket stays down and wind won’t blow right up your back. Also, it helps keep the body of the jacket down in case you fall. Overall a nice textile style for any sort of street riding. :: Paul, 10-02-13
Did you find the sizing advice and review helpful? We could become friends…