Joe Rocket Recon Military Spec Textile Jacket
- Rock Tex™ 600 outer shell
- Fold-away reflective safety vest
- C.E. rated protectors in shoulders and elbows
- Removable spine pad
- I.D. pocket on vest
- Variable Flow™ ventilation system
- Zippers for optional Dry Tech® liner
- Sure Fit™ adjustable waistband
- Snap loops for attaching jacket to belt
- Reflective stripe
Have a look at Joe Rocket’s sizing chart. We feel this size chart gives an accurate estimate of size for this product.
Our Two Cents
The Recon jacket combines the no nonsense functionality of a basic textile riding jacket with a military spec visibility vest. Of course you can buy a jacket and a separate mil spec vest, but this package gives you both at a very affordable price and with a great deal of storage convenience. And now it’s impossible to forget the vest because it is now part of the jacket. Take the “View Larger Pictures” link above to see some good shots of the jacket with the hi viz vest deployed. And it all stows neatly away in a pocket built into the back of the jacket. The jacket itself offers standard durable textile construction with removable CE protectors for the shoulders and elbows. There is a dual density back pad included. The jacket has zippered venting on the arms, chest, and back to allow for some air flow in warmer weather and for cooler or wet weather, you can buy an optional Dry Tech Liner (see the link below). You get the standard fit adjustments on the sleeves and the waist, and there are loops in the rear for connecting to your belt to prevent the jacket from riding up in back at highway speeds. While inspecting the jacket, I noticed a small patch on the sleeve that is held in place with Velcro. The patch is a molded rubber piece that lists some military specification numbers. I inquired with our distributor as to the purpose of this, and here is the reply: “the specs are the specific codes within the four branches of the military which outline compliance for motorcycle apparel while riding on Military bases. Reflective striping, bright colors etc, these guidelines are subject to interpretation by each base commander but in most situations will comply.
The patch being removable serves two purposes :
- if pulling up to a base checkpoint or pulled over while riding on base you can pull the patch off and hand the codes to the person questioning whether or not the garment is in compliance; the specific code is listed on the patch which indicates it is.
- most if not all branches of the military have their own logo for the individual unit, squadron etc, so having the Velcro sewn on the sleeves allows for a custom patch to be placed on one or both sleeves.
We have done a lot of research with this Military Spec project, so far the response has been very positive on all of these new styles.” There you have it folks. Makes sense to me!
Did you find the sizing advice and review helpful? We could become friends…
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
This is my first online purchase for motorcycle cloths. I own a mesh jacket by Nitro and used it all last season. But that all ended as temperatures started to go down. (Read more...)