Alpinestars Northshore Tech Fleece Jacket
- Innovative, versatile casual technical fleece engineered for riding
- 3L construction with a windbreaker membrane laminated between two fabric layers
- Soft outer shell allows freedom of movement, windbreaker membrane provides wind resistance and fleece lining gives comfortable thermal insulation
- Removable hood with shock cord adjusters; cords have a hook-and-loop trim tab and a functional garage to affix the cords inside the collar
- Fixed fleece liner
- Elbows and shoulders have PE foam inserts that can be upgraded to Alpinestars Bio-Armor inserts
- High-profile collar
- Three external pockets
- Longer rear profile
- Shock cord waist adjustment
- Bike key holder installed in right pocket
- Front center reversed zipper
- External chest pocket features a micro zipper to hide the pocket and maintain a clean look
- City Collection exclusive trimming and labeling
Read on for more details.
Choose a jacket size based upon what you normally buy in men’s clothing. If you want to measure yourself to help pick a size, have a look at Alpinestars’ sizing chart. And for those who may have a bit of a belly, we encourage you to consider our estimated max belly sizes listed below. Choose a jacket size that will accommodate both your chest and your belly.
|Alpha Size||Max Chest Size (inches)||Max Belly Size (inches)|
Our Two Cents
Not sure if I should call this a motorcycle jacket or casual apparel, I guess Alpinestars was going for something in between. The Northshore Tech Fleece jacket is very similar to the technical outerwear you would find at camping and hiking stores. The outer shell is a very interesting material that feels almost like neoprene, and should do a good job blocking the wind. Meanwhile the interior is lined with a nice soft fleece which should do a good job keeping you warm. The hood on the jacket is removable via some snaps and a zipper. There are some clues as to the motorcycling nature of the jacket though. There is foam armor in the shoulders and elbows, which can be upgraded to CE approved armor. The right pocket has a key holder, and there are also two interior cargo pockets and an exterior chest pocket for storing your things. While this jacket can do the job on its own, I think it would work really well as a layer underneath a more substantial riding jacket in colder weather. Click the “View Larger Images” link above to see the custom pictures we took of the Northshore jacket in our studio.