Scorpion SJ2 Jacket
- Constructed of premium 1.2 to 1.4mm top-grain leather
- Custom perforated leather panels for air ventilation
- Shoulder and exhaust vents provide flow-through ventilation
- Sas-Tec® CE® approved removable viscoelastic adaptive absorption armor at elbows and shoulders
- Exo-Stitch™ Safety Seam provides a reinforced double stitch seam to produce highly durable construction
- Back protector compartment with PE foam pad included (can be upgraded to optional SAS-TEC back protector insert)
- NightViz® reflective tape and piping on the front and rear for added nighttime visibility
- Accordion stretch panels in the elbows and back for increased flexibility
- Power stretch panels in the sleeves and underarm increase flexibility and comfort
- Padded stomach panels provide comfort when leaning on a gas tank
- Dual waist adjustments offer a custom fit
- YKK® main closure zipper with Scorpion TPR pull
- Two hand warmer and internal storage pockets
- Lightweight perforated lining for maximum air flow
- 21” circumference jacket to pant attachment YKK® zipper
Read on for more details.
This jacket is offered in “alpha” sizing. You should be able to choose the size you normally wear in men’s clothing. We checked the sizing on our Fit Check mannequins. The size Medium and XL fit Huey and Dewey very nicely! The overall cut of this jacket is sporty, but not a super snug race fit. In your proper size it will be snug and feel great in the riding position although it may seem a bit restrictive off the bike. For this reason, you should evaluate the fit of a jacket like this while reaching forward to the handlebars.
The taper of this jacket from chest to belly/waist is not drastic, so it will work for most people, but If you have a bit of a belly, we urge you to check your belly measurement and make sure that the jacket you choose is large enough for your chest AND belly. The max belly for any jacket will be about four inches less than the max chest size. Example: The size XL will accommodate a 46 chest and a 42 belly. If you are sometimes between sizes, we’d suggest choosing the larger.
|Size||Max Chest||Max Belly||Sleeve Length (from center of collar in back)|
Our Two Cents
The Scorpion SJ2 is a sharp leather sport jacket and is well made. This model would be a good choice for those wanting a simple style without a lot of “whistles and bells”. The basics are here…. the jacket is made of high quality, thick leather and would do a great job in providing abrasion protection. The jacket comes with CE protectors in the shoulders and elbows and has a foam back pad. I found the jacket to be a comfortable fit. The waist is easily adjustable and there are stretch panels behind the shoulders and above the elbows that allow you to move very well. That will be a welcome thing for street riders who want to be comfortable on or off the bike. The bullet list above mentions the slim padding built into the chest/belly area. I’ve seen this treatment on a LOT of sport jackets, but I’ve not ever heard a manufacturer state the purpose of giving you comfort when leaning on a gas tank. I always thought it was to make you look like you actually have six pack abs… ha! You’ll need to provide your own layering for warmth since the jacket doesn’t come with a removable liner. There are some small shoulder vents as well as some small perforated areas on the chest for air intake for warmer days and there are some more generous exhaust vents. The little front vents have a Velcro arrangement that sort of forms a “scoop”, although due to the stiffness of the leather flap, it really didn’t seem to form that scoop all that well in our photo shoot (take the “View Larger Images” link above to view those close-up photos). You get the usual assortment of pockets…. two in front and two inside. For nighttime visibility, the jacket is built with some reflectives. The jacket comes with a pant connection zipper to connect to Scorpion pants. Overall a nice jacket with good quality. Its feature list is short but many people appreciate simplicity and quality. If that sounds like you, then I’m sure you will like this jacket. :: Paul, 09-20-13