Scorpion Eternity Phantom Jacket
- Constructed of durable 1.2-1.4mm top grain leather
- Aluminum/plastic sliders at the shoulders and elbows
- Removable EverHeat™ full-sleeve thermal liner with knitted cuff
- Vented Exo-Tec CE™ approved armor at elbows and shoulders
- Back protector compartment with P.E. foam pad included (can be upgraded to optional SAS-TEC back protector insert)
- Kevlar® stretch panels on sleeves for optimal flexibility
- Dual hand warmer and 2 inner storage pockets
- NightViz™ reflective trim on back gets you noticed at night
- Stretch panels on sides, back, and elbows for added comfort
- Belt loop for pant attachment
These jackets are offered in men’s sizes Small thru XXL. The jackets measure out correctly and fit like you would expect, so our advice would be to choose the size you normally wear in men’s clothing.
The overall cut of this jacket is trim and the jacket tapers from the chest to the waist. It is designed to be a snug fit. If you have a bit of a belly, we urge you to check both your chest and belly measurement and make sure that the jacket you choose is large enough for your chest AND belly. If you are between sizes, we’d suggest choosing the larger.
|Size||Max Chest||Max Belly|
Our Two Cents
We scored a great deal on this leather sport style jacket from Scorpion. The Eternity jacket originally was offered in three colors but we opted for the Phantom Black color you see here. The black leather with white trim is a classic look that will match just about any helmet, bike and pants. This is definitely a sport style jacket and has many features you commonly find on suits….the leather is race-quality, thick cowhide which can’t be matched for abrasion protection. In addition to CE armor fitted for the shoulders and elbows, the jacket has external metal pieces built into the the jacket in those areas as well.
Unlike most race suits, this jacket does have some provisions for dealing with changing temperatures. There are two front zip vents for intake and there are two rear exhaust vents. Use these vents to admit some air flow in warmer weather. When it cools down, zip-close those vents and install the removable full sleeve thermal liner for insulation. The liner is very substantial and high quality, and should do a great job at keeping you warm in cold weather.
Overall, this is a very sharp design and is very “beefed up” in terms of crash protection. Take the “View Larger Pictures” link above to see some great close-up pictures of this jacket’s features. I challenge you to find a better deal than right here on a high quality sport leather style like this! :: Paul, 10-03-14