Scorpion Clutch Jacket
- Constructed from a combination of premium, perforated and non-perforated 1.2 to 1.4mm Monaco top-grain leather
- Perforated leather panels in the front and rear provide flow-through ventilation
- Scorpion molded shoulder protectors are integrated in key impact areas
- Sas-Tec CE® approved, removable armor; SC-1/05 elbows and SC-1/03 shoulders
- Back protector compartment sized to fit the optional Sas-Tec SC-1/15 10mm CE Approved spine armor (fitted with PE foam protector)
- Powertector GP AIR HUMP; constructed with bioelastan anti-shock material for protection and aerodynamics with a hollow core that creates air channels for increased airflow
- Padded panels in the torso provide comfort against components of the motorcycle
- NightViz® reflective accents for increased night time visibility
- Accordion leather stretch panels in the elbows and sides for exceptional flexibility and fit
- Scorpion power stretch panels in the sleeves and underarm increase flexibility and comfort
- Removable and washable Everheat® insulated liner with KwikWick II moisture wicking and anti-microbial panels
- Dual adjustable waist belts with TPR pulls help to fine tune the fit
- Two internal storage pockets and two external hand warmer pockets
- Comfortable, durable and flexible neoprene collar
- YKK main closure zipper with Scorpion TPR pull
- TPR main zipper pull cover with Stinger logo
- YKK spring loaded zipper pulls on the cuffs
- 8” and 28”, #5 nylon zippers as well as a belt loop for secure pant attachment
Read on for more details.
This jacket is offered in “alpha” sizing. You should be able to choose the size you normally wear in men’s clothing. We checked the sizing on our Fit Check mannequins. The size Medium and XL fit Huey and Dewey very nicely! The overall cut of this jacket is sporty, but not a super snug race fit. In your proper size it will be snug and feel great in the riding position although it may seem a bit restrictive off the bike. For this reason, you should evaluate the fit of a jacket like this while reaching forward to the handlebars.
The taper of this jacket from chest to belly/waist is not drastic, so it will work for most people, but If you have a bit of a belly, we urge you to check your belly measurement and make sure that the jacket you choose is large enough for your chest AND belly. The max belly for any jacket will be about four inches less than the max chest size. Example: The size XL will accommodate a 46 chest and a 42 belly. If you are sometimes between sizes, we’d suggest choosing the larger.
|Size||Max Chest||Max Belly||Sleeve Length (from center of collar in back)|
Our Two Cents
I really like the looks of this new Scorpion Clutch jacket. We used the Black/Neon for our Fit Test and also for the close-up pictures and I really like the color combo. I’ve seen these colors used on race suits, but not so much on street jackets. I like the looks of the White/Red also. Speaking of race suits, the Clutch has a lot of features you’d find in a race suit such as the race hump on the back and the external armor pieces on the shoulders. But really, the overall fit of the jacket is not as severely “pre-curved” and tight as the fit you get with a race jacket or race suit, and I’m thinking the target for a jacket like this is a street rider on a sport bike. The jacket comes equipped with Sas-Tec CE armor in the shoulders and elbows. The elbow pieces look a lot like the armor in many other jackets, but I thought the shoulder armor was worth a mention. It is shaped differently than any other shoulder armor I’ve seen and it fits such that it extends more toward the neck. I found it to be extremely natural feeling and supported the weight of the jacket more comfortably on my shoulders than other armor I’ve tried. I included a pic in the photo gallery of just an armor piece on my own shoulder so you could see what I’m talking about. And another comfort feature worth a mention is the collar design. It is a thick soft neoprene material that really feels good and shouldn’t require breaking in like collars made of more stiff materials. This jacket has perforated leather on a good portion of the front and back torso so this jacket will move quite a bit of air and be comfortable in pretty warm weather (but not HOT weather). And for cold weather use, the jacket comes with a surprisingly plushy removable liner. Scorpion’s liners are better than average and are comfy feeling. They advertise “moisture wicking” properties, which I wouldn’t doubt, and the sleeve ends have very nice knitted cuffs to seal off the sleeve ends. Overall, a very nice jacket with a lot of features, and very good quality. :: Paul, 03-13-14
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
Perfect fit, true to size. Feels comfortable and breathes quite nicely when riding. 10/10 would recommend.