Icon Motorhead Jacket
- Premium quality 1.2 – 1.4 mil drum-dyed cowhide leather
- No restriction collarless neck
- Full insulated removable liner allows you to adjust for the riding conditions
- Dual purpose chest pocket/vents lets you store valuables and/or cool down
- Zippered shoulder intakes offer ultimate climate control in a critical area
- CE approved shoulder and elbow armor can be quickly removed to accommodate your riding preferences
- CE approved removable back armor offers an ample amount of protection without sacrificing comfort
- Cropped waist/drop tail pattern keeps jacket from riding up while on your bike
- Micro perforated leather arms help cool you down, especially when insulated liner is removed
- Waist expansion vents allow you to fine tune this jacket for your body size
The jackets run fairly standard so you can use previous experience in buying motorcycle jackets or street clothing. If you want to double check sizing using a tape measure, refer to the chart below. Don’t be concerned that the belly dimensions are much bigger than your measurement—this is part of the “relaxed” styling.
|Size||Max Chest||Max Belly|
Our Two Cents
The Motorhead offers another style in the Icon group of street apparel. This jacket offers more of a sport cut as compared to some of Icon’s other leather jacket styles; it’s cut longer in the back assuming you’ll be in a sport riding position, and, like the construction of many race suits, it offers a simple banded collar instead of the more common mandarin style collar (which is a band of leather about 1-1/2” tall). The banded collar works well with full face helmets since it’s low enough to not rub on the bottom of the helmet when looking over the shoulder. One unique feature though is the large side zippers on this jacket that will relax the fit of the waist when opened. These side zippers extend about 10 inches up the side of the jacket on either side to expose a leather placket underneath. With this open, the fit of the jacket in the lower body opens up by a few inches. This will allow a more comfortable fit for casual use. This jacket offers a great deal of climate control features; for cold weather use, there is a full sleeve thermal liner included. And in the warmer months, you can use the zippered chest and shoulder vents. The back sides of the arms are perforated too, so with the liner removed, you’ll get “airing-out” under the arms as well. There are two large zippered exhaust vents on the back of the jacket as well. The jackets include CE approved, molded rubber armor pieces in the shoulders and elbows along with a foam back pad.
Product Quality Issue: Some of the Motorhead jackets in our distributor’s stock have a white square Icon logo on the bicep area of each sleeve. The current factory pictures show a black logo. The white logo jackets have taken on a yellowish tint (with age I presume) and therefore don’t look as good as the black logo version. We discovered this as a result of a customer complaint. Unfortunately, our distributor’s inventory is “mixed” in this regard, so if you order one of these jackets, you may get one of the white logo versions. The distributor is unwilling to pre-check, or otherwise segregate the jackets, so there is no way for us to ensure which one you will get and no way to specify “black logo only”. So if you think you would be displeased if you got a white logo jacket, please buy another style jacket.
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
Just got all my new gear and loving it. The Cortech gloves don't "feel" as nice as my last pair of Joe Rocket, but they were $40, fit well and look like they will do the job. Love the Shoei Qwest helmet, it feels great and fits perfect. ... (Read more...)