Fieldsheer Air Speed 2.0 Jacket
- Premium quality 1.2-1.4mm cowhide leather
- YKK front zipper closure
- Perforated torso, back and sleeves
- CE approved armor in shoulders and elbows with an SP Memory Foam® back protector
- Rear armor pocket accommodates optional CE back armor
- Zippered cuff closures
- Phoslite® reflective piping for increased nighttime visibility
- Stretch Cordura® in underarms and sleeves provides additional comfort
- Elasticized leather stretch panels at elbows, sides and back for added mobility
- Zip-out full sleeve quilted liner with 100g polyfill insulation
- Mandarin collar with neoprene padding
- Two hand warmer pockets, one zippered map pocket, two waterproof cargo lining pockets plus phone and cargo pockets on quilted liner
- Adjustable waist belts
- 8” and 360° zipper connections
This jacket is sold in alpha sizes. You can go here for a conversion chart if you know your chest size. We recommend you measure your chest and belly to make sure you are selecting a jacket big enough to accommodate both. The belly size in this jacket will be about 6” less than the chest size (example, a 46 jacket will have a max belly of about 40”).
Our Two Cents
The Air Speed 2.0 is a perfect cool to hot weather leather jacket. It is fully perforated to allow plenty of air to flow through like a mesh, but with the benefit of leather for protection. One thing that stands out about the Air Speed 2.0 is the use of stretch panels for flexibility. There are accordion style leather stretch panels behind the elbows, all the way down the sides, and behind the shoulders. These should allow for very good flexibility and comfort for long days in the saddle. There are also stretch Cordura® panels at the underarms and down the inside of the sleeves. This is a very nice feature that keeps what would be leather from bunching up in these areas. There are Velcro waist adjustments for a custom fit, and the sleeves have a zipper and Velcro closure. The CE approved armor for the shoulders and elbows is removable, and the included SP Memory Foam back pad can be upgraded to CE approved back armor as well (see below). There is also foam padding built in to this jacket at the triceps, on the tops of the shoulders, and on the back (see pics). When the weather cools off, there is a fully sleeved insulated liner that will help keep you warm, but it doesn’t look like it will completely block the wind, so anything below “cool” temperatures will start to get a bit chilly. For storage, there are two hand warmer pockets, a document pocket, and several cargo pockets in the removable liner and the outer shell of the jacket. The two cargo pockets in the outer shell are waterproof which is nice, but you can’t get to them with the liner installed (you will need to partially unzip the liner to access them). Not very convenient if you get caught in the rain when the liner is in… Overall though this is a great warm weather jacket that will do a great job at keeping you cool while offering the protection of leather. Take a look at our larger pictures for good closeups of all of these features.
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
Cortech DSX Denim Pants - Looks like a normal set of jeans, just a bit heavier. The leather panels in the rear and knees seemed to disappear while walking around the house. The knee pads however were bothersome. (Read more...)
Perforated jacket works relatively well in the heat. Must keep moving however, else will get very hot very quickly.