Alpinestars GP-R Perforated Leather Jacket
- Designed to let you feel as cool as you look, the GP-R Perforated Leather Jacket features ventilated inserts in its supple, full-grain leather construction for enhanced airflow
- 1.3mm full-grain leather provides the optimum combination of durability, comfort and abrasion resistance
- Integrated Aramidic stretch panels in the shoulders allow full range of movement for extra comfort and control while riding
- Removable and adjustable CE certified Bio Armor protectors in the elbows and shoulders
- External PU sliders on the shoulders
- Chest and back pad compartments with PE protective padding (Alpinestars CE certified Bio Armor back protector insert and Bionic Chest Guards available as accessory upgrade)
- Snap connection system allows integration with Alpinestars’ CE level 2 certified Bionic Race Back Protector (optional accessory)
- Internal waist connection zipper allows attachment to selected Alpinestars leather and textile pants
Read on for more details.
|Euro Size||Max Chest Size (inches)||Max Belly Size (inches)|
Our Two Cents
The GP-R Perforated Leather Jacket from Alpinestars is designed with summertime riding in mind; stay cool and still have the protection that leather provides. Most Alpinestars products are made in Europe and for years, the designs were geared around use in the more mild European climate. But the US has a summer for sure, so we are seeing more products like this one that will allow for some air flow and greater comfort in hot weather. If you take the “View Larger Pictures” link above, you’ll be able to see the panels on the chest and in the forearm area that are perforated. There is also a similar amount of perforated leather used on the back. The protection features of this jacket are much like other late model Alpinestars jackets…. protectors for the shoulders and elbows along with foam pads in the chest area and back. You have options for additional back protection and upgraded chest protection (take the links below to see those). I’d advise you to buy the extra protection when you buy the jacket if you think you will be using it (now or in the future). The upgraded protectors are more substantial and will take up a bit of room in the jacket, so trying the protectors when you buy the jacket is a good idea to make sure the jacket size will work for you even with upgrades. A couple of the styling queues stand out for me on this design. I like the contrast provided by the colored panels and the ribbed material above the elbows is kind of neat looking.