Scorpion Ventech II Jacket
- Vented, poly mesh main body construction
- 600 denier poly impact panels for added abrasion resistance
- Removable, full-sleeve AirGuard® windproof liner
- Exo-Tec® CE approved removable armor at elbows and shoulders
- Back protector compartment with PE foam pad included (can be upgraded to optional SAS-TEC back protector insert)
- NightViz® reflective trim on front, rear & shoulders for added night time visibility
- Sleeve take-ups secure armor and sleeve material
- Dual, adjustable waist belts provide a custom fit
- YKK main closure zipper with Scorpion TPR pull
- Three external pockets and an internal storage pocket
- Lightweight perforated lining for maximum air flow
- Belt loop for pant attachment
Read on for more details.
We tried the size Medium in this jacket on Huey and we put an XL jacket on Dewey. These are the sizes they normally wear and both fit very well. This is a relaxed cut jacket so the body doesn’t taper a lot from chest to waist. The fit of this jacket is very easy, so I’d advise you to choose the size you normally wear in men’s clothing.
You can also use the chart below to choose a size based upon your chest and/or belly/waist measurements. I added an estimated “max belly” measurement too. Like I said above, this is a relaxed style so most people won’t have trouble with the belly size (like they might with a trim sport style), but if you have a bit of a belly it wouldn’t hurt to put a tape around it and make sure you are OK with the size you’ve chosen.
|Size||Max Chest||Max Belly||Sleeve Length (from center of collar in back)|
These jackets are also made in tall sizes. Tall sizes will be about 2” longer in the sleeve and torso as compared to the regular sizes.
Our Two Cents
The Ventech II jacket from Scorpion is an all-mesh design for riders who want comfort in hot weather. The shell material is a loose weave that will allow a LOT of air to blow directly through. On the shoulders and elbows, which are prone to crash damage, there is an overlayment of solid textile material which is more abrasion resistant. Inside the jacket you will find CE approved armor for the shoulders and elbows, as well as a foam back pad. All three armor pieces have ventilation holes which help keep the jacket extra cool in the heat. When things cool off there is a wind blocking liner that can be installed to extend the usable range of the jacket into the cooler months. For comfort there are waist adjustment straps as well as sleeve take up straps on the arms. The sleeve straps sit fairly close to the elbow joint which means you can feel them if you bend your arm all the way, but it also means they will do a better job of holding the elbow armor in place in a fall. This version of the Ventech adds some relatively large panels of reflective materials to help enhance your nighttime visibility. We’ve take some special “night shots” that you can view in our photo gallery. The Ventech has two hand warmer pockets and a zippered chest pocket on the exterior, and an internal document pocket as well. Overall this is a very good quality mesh jacket that looks good and should serve you well in those hot months of summer. Be sure to take a look at our custom pictures of the jacket by clicking the “View Larger Images” link above. :: Paul, 06-05-13
Note: All our feature photos were taken of the Silver jacket, which is now on closeout. 3/19/15
Did you find the sizing advice and review helpful? Help us keep’em coming!