Joe Rocket Recon Miltary Spec Mesh Jacket
- Free-air™ poly/mesh shell
- Fold-away reflective Safety Vest
- C.E. rated protectors in shoulders and elbows
- Removable spine pad
- I.D. pocket on vest
- Removable waterproof liner
- Sure Fit™ adjustable waistband
- Elastic sleeve adjusters
- Snap loops for attaching jacket to belt
- 8” zipper for pant attachment
- Reflective stripe
Have a look at Joe Rocket’s sizing chart. We feel this size chart gives an accurate estimate of size for this product.
Our Two Cents
The Recon Military Spec mesh jacket offers a hot weather alternative for those who need the visibility required for on-base use (or those who want to be visible anytime). Of course you can buy a jacket and a separate mil spec vest, but this package gives you both at a very affordable price and with a great deal of storage convenience. And now it’s impossible to forget the vest because it is now part of the jacket. Take the “View Larger Pictures” link above to see some good shots of the jacket with the hi viz vest deployed. And it all stows neatly away in a pocket built into the back of the jacket. The jacket shell offers a nice combination of mesh material (for hot weather comfort) with solid textile in more critical areas such as the shoulders and elbows for added crash-worthiness. For impact protection, you get removable CE protectors for the shoulders and elbows. There is a dual density back pad included. The jacket is designed primarily for hot weather use, but it does come complete with a windproof/waterproof removable liner to help block the wind on cool mornings or mountain passes. The liner will increase the overall comfortable temperature range for the jacket. You get the standard fit adjustments on the sleeves and the waist, and there are loops in the rear for connecting to your belt to prevent the jacket from riding up in back at highway speeds. There is also a short rear connection zipper you can use with compatible Joe Rocket pants. While inspecting the jacket, I noticed a small patch on the sleeve that is held in place with Velcro. The patch is a molded rubber piece that lists some military specification numbers. I inquired with our distributor as to the purpose of this, and here is the reply: “the specs are the specific codes within the four branches of the military which outline compliance for motorcycle apparel while riding on Military bases. Reflective striping, bright colors etc, these guidelines are subject to interpretation by each base commander but in most situations will comply.
The patch being removable serves two purposes :
- if pulling up to a base checkpoint or pulled over while riding on base you can pull the patch off and hand the codes to the person questioning whether or not the garment is in compliance; the specific code is listed on the patch which indicates it is.
- most if not all branches of the military have their own logo for the individual unit, squadron etc, so having the Velcro sewn on the sleeves allows for a custom patch to be placed on one or both sleeves.
We have done a lot of research with this Military Spec project, so far the response has been very positive on all of these new styles.” There you have it folks. Makes sense to me!
Did you find the sizing advice and review helpful? Help us keep’em coming!
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
I'm very pleased with delivery time, only took 3 days and free shipping. Product is great fit as well.