FirstGear Rush Mesh Jacket
- Outer shell made of 250 denier poly mesh for complete ventilation in warm weather
- Lightweight nylon perforated inner lining for maximum airflow
- Detachable, fully-sleeved, water-resistant, windblock liner
- Protection includes CE-rated armor in the shoulders and elbows plus an EVA foam back pad
- Two exterior pockets secured with zip closures
- A Firstgear standard; inside every jacket there is a phone pocket on the left side and a map/cargo pocket on the right side. The Rush Mesh has these pockets in both the liner and the jacket. So, whether the liner is in or out, the internal pockets are in the same place
- Left side interior security pocket with red slider for easy visibility; perfect for a wallet
- Reflective panels on the front, arms and back offer nighttime visibility
- Adjustable side waist straps held secure by snaps
- Jacket-to-pant 10” full conjunction zipper fits easily through liner portal; mating half can be sewn onto your favorite pair of pants
We measured a size run of these jacket and found them to fit consistently with FirstGear’s sizing chart (see below).... no surprises. My advice would be to choose the size you normally wear in men’s clothing. The overall fit is somewhat relaxed, so if you are between sizes, choose the smaller.
FirstGear’s Sizing Chart for this style:
Tall sizes: FirstGear offers this jacket in talls, which provides a rarely found option for tall people. The body and sleeves of the jackets are 1 1/2 to 2 inches taller than the “standard” cut jackets. If you normally have to buy “talls” then these should work for you.
Our Two Cents
Having a dedicated jacket for hot weather use is a luxury for some because it typically means buying two or more jackets to cover all the bases (unless you live in Phoenix or similar). We’ve been selling this Rush Mesh style for a couple years now and I’m pleased to be able to offer this mesh style on closeout for a very low price. Now just about anybody can afford a comfortable hot weather jacket. And there is no shortage of quality either. FirstGear makes good products and they stand behind them. And all the closeouts carry the same manufacturer’s warranty as non-closeouts.
The entire shell of this jacket is constructed of flow through mesh material so you’ll get the most flow possible out of a protective jacket. I find that wearing a full mesh jacket like this will also help protect from sunburn and windburn. This jacket also has a removable windproof/waterproof full sleeve liner. When things cool off a bit, you can install the liner to widen the comfort temperature range. And with a layer underneath you could wear this jacket down to cool temperatures.
FirstGear makes gear for street riders and touring riders, so they always include a generous number of pockets for convenience. This jacket has the usual front hand warmer pockets. There is a zippered breast pocket for your wallet and then on the inside there is a dedicated phone pocket and another larger pocket on the other side for other things. And the liner has the identical pockets so you’ll have those either way.
For protection there is CE approved armor in the shoulders and the elbows, as well as a foam back pad, all of which is removable. All three colors include a generous amount of reflective material in stripes on the chest, sleeves, and back of the shoulders. This was a great jacket at its non-closeout price, but as a closeout, I really think you’ll be pleased you bought a full mesh jacket. :: Paul, 07-15-14
Did you find the sizing advice and review helpful? Help us keep’em coming!
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
The jacket also comes with a windproof liner, so you can wear it on cooler days and not freeze your butt off. In fact, with some layering underneath this could really be a great three-season jacket. First Gear has a long history of making great stuff, and this jacket continues in that tradition. (Read more...)
Great Jacket.. High vis.... Comfortable Good pockets.... (Read more...)