FirstGear Rush Mesh Jacket - 2010
- Outer shell made of 250 denier poly mesh for complete ventilation in warm weather
- Lightweight nylon perforated inner lining for maximum airflow
- Detachable, fully-sleeved, water-resistant, windblock liner
- Protection includes CE-rated armor in the shoulders and elbows plus an EVA foam back pad
- Two exterior pockets secured with zip closures
- A Firstgear standard; inside every jacket there is a phone pocket on the left side and a map/cargo pocket on the right side. The Rush Mesh has these pockets in both the liner and the jacket. So, whether the liner is in or out, the internal pockets are in the same place
- Left side interior security pocket with red slider for easy visibility; perfect for a wallet
- Reflective panels on the front, arms and back offer nighttime visibility
- Adjustable side waist straps held secure by snaps
- Jacket-to-pant 10” full conjunction zipper fits easily through liner portal; mating half can be sewn onto your favorite pair of pants
Read on for more details.
We measured these jackets and found them to fit consistently with the sizing chart below. They are not really a form fitting jacket, we found them to be roomy, but not really overly sized. If you are between sizes try the smaller of the two.
These jackets are sold in “alpha” sizes. FirstGear offers sizing information for this product which is very typical for any brand jacket as follows:
Tall sizes: FirstGear offers this jacket in talls, which provides a rarely found option for tall people. The body and sleeves of the jackets are 1 1/2 to 2 inches taller than the “standard” cut jackets. If you normally have to buy “talls” then these should work for you.
Our Two Cents
The FirstGear Rush Mesh Jacket is a great choice for mild to hot weather riding. The mesh material used in the construction of this jacket will allow a very large amount of air to flow right through to the rider, keeping you cool on the hottest of days. Wearing a full mesh jacket like this will also help protect from sunburn and windburn. When things cool off a bit, you can install the windblock liner which blocks the wind and is also water resistant. With a layer underneath you could wear this jacket down to cool temperatures. For protection there is CE approved armor in the shoulders and the elbows, as well as a foam back pad, all of which is removable. All three colors include a generous amount of reflective material in stripes on the chest, sleeves, and back of the shoulders. If some reflective material isn’t enough for you, check out the DayGlo color, it’s very bright! Take our “View Larger Pictures” link above for some great images of this jacket and its features.
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
Purchased this jacket to wear over my work attire when commuting to work. Jacket is outstanding on hot days even with a long sleeve shirt underneath. I'm 5'6" tall, 175 pounds with a 36" waist and the fit is great.
This mesh jacket allows for great airflow with the liner out in hot weather otherwise it is too hot! The quality of jacket is what I expect from FirstGear, which has always been my first choice! The style of the jacket is also very nice! (Read more...)