Fieldsheer High Temp Mesh Jacket
- Ultra-breathable and abrasion resistant Polytitanium mesh with 500 Denier Maxtena-Pro in the impact areas
- Anatomically fitted for the riding position
- Removable CE approved armor in the shoulders, elbows, and back.
- Unique FS Matrix two-stage waterproof and breathable liner with Nanomax and Rainguard barrier technology plus an insulated liner to suit the rider’s needs
- Phoslite reflective piping for nighttime visibility
- Micro fleece padded mandarin collar
- Four-step adjustable upper and lower sleeve volume control
- Adjustable Velcro waist strap with elasticized panels at hips for added comfort
- Gusseted adjustable Velcro wrist cuffs
- Pockets included: two zipped front hand warmer, one zipped map, one inside Velcro, and one mobile phone pocket
- 8” waist zipper and universal snap belt connector to attach to pants
Factory Sponsored Sale… 20 percent Off! All current model apparel, including this item, are now on sale. We are offering free shipping (orders over $89) and the same Loyalty Credit as before, so you’ll have plenty of savings to enjoy. Hurry, sale ends June 19th or until inventory is sold!
Read on for more details.
We put a size Medium on Huey and a size XL on Dewey for our Fit Check review and those are the sizes they normally wear. The jackets look great for the pictures, but in practice would probably be a bit snug. In checking Fieldsheer’s size chart for 2014 (see below), you’ll see that the chest sizes listed for each alpha size are a couple inches smaller than you would expect to see (at least in the smaller size ranges), and this confirms our observations.
My advice then would be to measure your chest and choose a size based upon the chart below, which for those in the Small to XL range will be one size larger (alpha size) than you normally wear. If you are between sizes, just choose the larger (don’t go 1-1/2 sizes bigger).
If you have a bit of a belly, you’ll want to make sure you won’t have a fit issue. To check, just measure and make sure the chest size of the jacket you choose is at least 4” bigger than your max belly. For example, if your belly is 40”, then choose a minimum size XL which has a max chest of about 44”.
|Jacket Size||Max Chest||Regular Sleeve Length||Tall Sleeve Length|
Tall sizes are available in this style. If you normally have to buy tall sizes in men’s clothing then buy one of the “tall” jackets to get more length in the sleeves and body. The tall sizes have the same chest and belly as the regular jackets, but they are 2” longer in the sleeves and torso. Sleeve lengths in the chart are measured from the shoulder seam to the cuff.
Our Two Cents
About Fieldsheer for 2014: The Fieldsheer line for 2014 is all new. The line has been dormant (as far as the introduction of new products goes) for 3 or more years, and all that is left from its previous “life” are a few scattered closeout groups. Since the economic crash of about five years ago, US based MC apparel makers have been cautious about new introductions of