Alpinestars T-GP-R Air Jacket - 2012
- Constructed with 600 Denier polyester fabric and hydrophobic mesh panels
- Removable, long-sleeved water resistant liner
- Removable CE certified Bio Armor elbow and shoulder protectors
- Chest pad compartments with PE foam padding (Alpinestars Bionic chest pads available as accessory upgrade)
- Back compartment with PE foam padding (CE certified Bio Armor back protector insert available as accessory)
- Waist connection zipper allows attachment to selected Alpinestars leather and textile pants
- Waist and wrist adjustment with non-aggressive micro-velcro tabs
- Integrated reflective detailing on the sleeves
Read on for more details.
These jackets are sold in US based “alpha” sizes, so selecting a size is basically pretty easy. For most people, you would choose the size you normally wear in men’s clothing. Alpinestars publishes a super-complicated size chart which can be used to pick a size based upon your chest and waist. We’ve condensed their chart down to make it easy to read (see below). The size Med and XL fit Huey and Dewey very well. To see how those two sizes look on our fit check mannequins, just click the “View Larger Images” link above.
|Jacket Size||Chest Range||Waist/Belly Range|
|Small||37.5 to 39||31 to 32.5|
|Medium||40 to 41.5||33.5 to 35|
|Large||42 to 43.5||36 to 37.5|
|XL||44.5 to 46||38 to 40|
|XXL||47 to 49||40.5 to 42|
|XXXL||49 to 51||43 to 44.5|
|XXXXL||51.5 to 53||45 to 47|
Our Two Cents
The Alpinestars T-GP-R Air jacket is a very good choice for mild to hot weather use. A portion of the jacket is made with solid textile material and then there are lage panels on the front and back that are mesh. Since the jacket has these mesh panels, a lot of air will blow through onto your skin and keep you comfortable in hot weather. This jacket has a removable windproof liner that will help block the flow thru air which will come in handy during cooler times. You’ll have to take the “View Larger Images” link above to see this liner. I took a picture of it wadded up into the palm of my hand. It can pack really tight, so storing it when it is not in use shouldn’t be a problem at all. Amazing! We’ve also got a good shot of the jacket’s night time reflectivity, so check that out also. It lights up well. The jacket comes with removable armor in the shoulders, elbows, chest and back. The chest and back armor is upgradable (see the links below), so you can consider that for now or in the future. I think the overall styling of this jacket is great too. I personally like the jackets with white intermixed, and the one with the yellow “A” logo is my favorite, but to each his own, right? Alpinestars makes quality products and I’m sure you can get a lot of quality use out of a jacket like this one. :: Paul, 04-23-12
Did you find the sizing advice and review helpful? Help us keep’em coming!