River Road Hoodlum Jacket - 2011
- Quality, medium-weight leather provides protection and comfort
- Vintage finish gives that broken-in look and feel like your favorite pair of jeans
- 2 front chest intake combination vents/pockets and 2 vertical rear exhaust vents keep you cool
- Zippered sleeve vents allow additional air flow
- The fully-sleeved, removable, insulated warm liner has a built-in pocket for most mobile devices
- 2 front, waist-level, on-seam zippered pockets will hold essentials
- Zippered placket pocket allows easy access to important contents
- Snap closure tab collar provides a secure fit
- Snap closure adjustable waist provides a more precise fit
Read on for more details.
These jackets are sold by chest size. Choose the size that corresponds with your chest measurement (or suit coat size if you know it). We tried these jackets on our test subjects and got a great fit. The overall cut of these jackets is only slightly tapered so waist/belly size shouldn’t be a concern for most. We’ve listed some estimated max belly sizes in the chart below to help with that. If you have a bit of a belly, then just make sure that your belly size does not exceed the max belly size of the jacket you are choosing.
|Chest/Jacket Size||Max Waist/Belly|
Our Two Cents
The Hoodlum Jacket from River Road is a really cool looking vintage jacket that could work on a variety of bikes or people. Its dark brown leather has a distressed look to it and the cream stripe across the chest and sleeve adds to the vintage look and feel. The jacket is very soft and pliable without any breaking in. It is the kind of jacket that will look better and better the more it is used. A few scuffs will only add to the vintage look. This jacket features a fully sleeved insulated liner for cooler weather rides, which is removable when things warm up. The two chest pockets double as chest vents and there are two vents on the sleeves. There are dedicated rear exit vents to let hot air out. All the vents are generous in size and should move some decent air. Other pockets include two hand warmer pockets, an interior wallet pocket and a cell phone pocket. In keeping with the vintage style of this jacket, there are no pockets for armor. Check out our photos of this jacket by clicking the “View Larger Images” link above.