River Road Basic Jacket
- Quality, imported leather offers protection and comfort
- The lightly quilted lining will keep you comfortable in slightly cooler temperatures
- Nylon-stitching provides added durability
- Shoulder treatments and aluminum hardware give this jacket a classic look
- Interior and exterior pockets offer plenty of storage space
- Adjustable waist belt provides a comfort form fit
These jackets are sold by chest size. Choose the size that corresponds with your chest measurement (or suit coat size if you know it). We measured these jackets in our office and found them to fit true to size. The overall cut of these jackets is relaxed so there is not a lot of taper from the chest to the waist/belly. We’ve listed some estimated max belly sizes in the chart below. If you have a bit of a belly, then just make sure that your belly size does not exceed the max belly size of the jacket you are choosing.
|Chest/Jacket Size||Max Waist/Belly|
Our Two Cents
Get back to basics with the River Road Basic Leather Jacket. This Brando style jacket has the classic styling that anyone instantly recognizes as a biker jacket. The off-center diagonal zipper, waist belt, and collar give this jacket a unique look that never gets old. River Road has used a nice thick leather in the construction of this jacket which should hold up well. There isn’t any armor in the jacket (nor pockets to install any), but they didn’t have motorcycle armor back when these jackets first came out either. The Basic Leather Jacket will work well in mild temperatures as there is no venting and the quilted liner isn’t very thick. Be sure to check out our photos of this jacket by clicking the “View Larger Pictures” link above.